Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT big coils

Moe (FL)

Has anyone air tested the DeepScan DD1400 (8x14) coil? What kind of results did you get?

I called Whites and the rep explained that the DD1400 has about 50 lines that do the detecting inside which cause it to miss small coins. She said that it is good for big objects buried deep. She said that the depth should increase 50-60% over the stock coil's depth.

Someone told me that the Deepscan during an air test could not pick up a dime at more than 3-5 inches and a quarter at more than 10". The readings where erratic jumping all over. If the Deepscan cannot pick coins better than the 9.5" stock coil then which MXT coil is dependable for coins at 15-20 inches? Is there one available?

HH
Moe

Who told you that? I don't remember my 1400 going 50% deeper than my stock coil or only getting dimes from 3 to 5 inches. As I remember it will perform a little better than the stock in mineral ground and that's about it. Of course it covers more area quicker to get the newer stuff.
I will check again when I get to it.