Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT and Relic Mode

markl59

I want to thank all of you who answered my post earlier. I was getting discouraged with the threshold of the MXT, but today I used Relic Mode and my 5.3 coil, a suggestion from you guys, although you mentioned the DD coil I wanted to try the 5.3, Right now I feel more comfortable with a concentric coil, I will try the DD later. The threshold was much more stable and allowed me to run up to +1 however I kept it between 8 and 9 just to see what It would do at that setting. after ground balancing I locked the ground toggle, I ran in Relic, Disc 2.5 and the toggle in center to try mixed mode when I got a high tone I then switched toggle to forward to see the difference in sound, to me much smoother. I kept trigger forward after this. I went to a soccer field that has been there since 1967. I went for about an hour The ground was frozen the first inch down and it was freezing, but it was worth it I found new coins a soccer pin an IU pin, but my best find that surprised me was a Barber Dime at about 5" it rang in at 74-76 but did not vary from there. I was hunting an area where there was fresh dirt spread out, no grass I guessed It would be better digging in the dirt. I assumed they must have trucked the dirt in or there was an old house there as I have found an old door knob there before. anyway Thanks again for all your help. I am happy with the MXT again.

The MXT & M6 have a lot of potential, but I have encountered many users who got discouraged due to the audio characteristics of them. Most seem to like the M6 better due to the almost silent-search, but that's easy to duplicate with the MXT.

As I work with people who are trying to learn these models, the #1 thing I have found that helps them out is getting that big 950 coil off! I am especially fond of the 5.3 Eclipse from White's, the 4