Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT 300

Lunker Hunter

I have a question, i will be getting the MXT 300 with the 12" coil of course and i was wondering how it works in semi trashy areas, also what coil would get the best depth and still separate the trash.

Thanks in advance George

Hi George. welcome to the MXT family. I wood try to grab a 5.3 eclipse or a 6X10 DD for the trashy areas. the 300mm coil(12") is a great coil low trash areas and in open space. The 300 coil just covers to much area in trashy parks and tight areas.I wood also get the MXT Edge by Jeff Foster and read and reread it. The Edge has a lot info on what is happening when you turn a knob or flip a switch on the MXT and it has some good info on the coils and their depth and field maps.
Good Hunting
C

Thanks Colorado, ive heard of the book im going to see if i find it on Ebay, How would you say the 6000 di pro sl compare to the MXT.

I don't know anything about the 6000 the MXT is my first black detector I came over from another brand I used for 40 yr's. I love my little black detector it is so easy to use and will do every thing good. It will find .5gm gold nuggets one day CW relics the next and it is a killer on C&J love them rings and silver coins. You wont do any better with anyother detector when you get to know the Black Detector. You'll love it trust me.
HH
C

Im sure i will,cant wait to hold it and work the grounds here in Illinois, the town i'm in was incorporated in 1839 and there's a lot of old home sites i want to visit.

What part of Illinois are you from George? I stock The Edge and it ships free for findmall users.

I live in Crystal lake{ Mc henry county)

Hello LunkerHunter:
I agree with ColoradoGoldman:
The 12 inch is just fine for covering alot of ground fast,
especially if your in a plowed field, and its deeper, but you'll need the
6x10DD and the 5.3 for working in parks, ball fields and other areas where
there is bound to be trash.

I have the 12 inch but use it only in large areas I know doesn't have trash.

Make no mistake, the MXT is a great machine. You'll
be happy with it for sure.

Katz

Thanks for the info i sure will get the 5.3.

Old Katz said:
Hello LunkerHunter:
I agree with ColoradoGoldman:
The 12 inch is just fine for covering alot of ground fast,
especially if your in a plowed field, and its deeper, but you'll need the
6x10DD and the 5.3 for working in parks, ball fields and other areas where
there is bound to be trash.

I have the 12 inch but use it only in large areas I know doesn't have trash.

Make no mistake, the MXT is a great machine. You'll
be happy with it for sure.

Katz