Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MUSINGS ON LIFE

I have always felt that we can all learn from others experiences. I have seen some post that they have had boring lives but not to others! I have never been a crab fisherman, a cowboy, a policeman or a fireman. Seen plenty of them but never shared their experiences. I can here if they will share.

I have seen some post that they hesitate because they can not spell, well that is what the spell check is for.

Some say they don't know how to write or have poor writing skills. Well I say, Join the crowd. I know nothing about writing, just type it as I think it and that is good enough to convey the experience.

I have seen some post that they worry that their posts are too long. I have never seen one too long myself. Quite the contrary. It drives me crazy when someone posts a great story that is two paragraphs long :D Man I want to know ALL about that hunting trip or fishing trip or what it is like looking at a dark western sky from a campfire. It takes words and that is how I paint the picture in my head, how I share the experience with the writer. Just, "I went up the creek and found some gold and went home with it in my pocket, hope you enjoyed the story" just don't get it :D We want to know MORE :D Not especially the name of the creek of course but there is so much more to a story than we realize.

I wish more of the readers would share their story's and I wish more of the readers would at least comment on the efforts of the others but I guess it isn't going to happen. Some are givers and some are takers and that goes back to their childhood I guess. Man I would love to hear the story's that made them the way they are.:shrug:

I don't remember there ever being a fight or cross word on this forum and that says a lot about the people that post here. You are certainly welcome

Hey Royal,

It's always nice to bump into a kindred spirit. We certainly seem to see life the same way.

I,m saving these posts for my grandchildren (2-girls, 4-boys at present) so that they can know their old grampa better.
They range in age from 19 to 3 years. Of course I'll tell them what I can, but obviously it isn't possible to pass it all on to them.
Most of these tales require more understanding than the average youngster has.

Regards,

Cupajo

I love reading about your adventures. You tell a tale such that, I feel as though I was there with.

This place is home to a great variety of people. Auto workers, guides, cowboys, ..... the list goes on and on. But we do all share that sense of camaraderie with each other. And our differences are what makes this forum. We all have different stories, different adventures that we like to share.

Sometimes, people respond to your post... sometimes not. But in the telling of the story is where I find my reward..

Many thanks

Calm seas, fair winds

Micheal

n/t

Excellent post.....you hit the target in the 10 ring.... I very much enjoy the stories, jokes and shared life experiences. As a newbie to this forum (and a terrible typist), I am guilty of not expanding to tell the whole experience or story...I will strive to do better. In the meantime, I will savor the excellent fare being posted.
Rick

Where do you live on the Long Island Sound? I grew up in Groton on the shore and later lived in Waterford. I' live up next to Storrs now. George-CT

Hi George,

I didn't realize my bio wasn't posted. My family and I have been living in Old Lyme for soon to be 39 years. I am a plumbing repairman with a variety of interests, some we share.

Thanks for asking,

Cupajo

n/t

leave for awhile, we always come back. I have learned this forum is where my bests friends are. I have met a few, and most I have not, but I sure would like to. Welcome and hope you stay with us! :) P.S. You sure don't look 67 years old!!!

Hi Sunny,

Don,t look 67? Sweetie you are too kind and that's what folks love about you!!! Keep it up kiddo!

Warm Regards and again Happy New Years to You and Your's,

Cupajo

n/t