Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Movie review if your interested, watched the ..........

General Ray

movie Cinderella Man this weekend, I thought it was excellent.

One man's extraordinary fight to save the family he loved, his family, fact-based story of a depression era boxer, James J. Braddock, the Cinderella Man.

During the Great Depression, a common-man, James J. Braddock--a.k.a. the Cinderella Man--was to become one of the most surprising sports legends in history. The depression is on and Braddock has had a series of defeats. Fighting injured, including with a broken hand, made him less of a fighter. Braddock, like many others in that era, lost everything in the stock market and scrimping by on the small fights he can get and working on the docks when he could get the work. His wife would prefer he quit boxing, but knows how badly they need the money to get by with their three kids. Watering down milk just to make it do for several more days is a common occurrence.

By the early 1930s, the impoverished ex-prizefighter was seemingly as broken-down, beaten-up and out-of-luck as much of the rest of the American populace who had hit rock bottom. His career appeared to be finished, he was unable to pay the bills, the only thing that mattered to him--his family--was in danger, and he was forced to go on Public Relief. But deep inside, Jim Braddock never relinquished his determination. Driven by the love for his family, honor and an incredible dose of grit, he willed an impossible dream to come true. In a last-chance bid to help his family, Braddock returned to the ring when he was out of boxing all together to fight as a fill in, he took that fight just to feed his family.

No one thought he had a shot. However Braddock, fueled by something beyond mere competition, kept winning. Suddenly, the ordinary working man became the mythic athlete. Carrying the hopes and dreams of the disenfranchised on his shoulders, Braddock rocketed through the ranks, until this underdog chose to do the unthinkable, take on the heavyweight champ of the world, the unstoppable Max Baer, renowned for having killed two men in the ring.

I thought it was a great movie, a true story of a man who fought from the heart because he couldn't stand to see his family go hungry anymore.

General Ray

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/cinderella_man/cm_large.html

What happened in the fight with Max Baer? Was James J. Braddock killed in the ring? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It is one I will have to see, for sure.

I'm going to the Beaumont (Texas) battlefield next week for 30-60 days. I doubt I'll have time to take in a movie, doing 7-12s for the entire stay. But when I return to Arkansas, at your review, I'll make a point to view it.

Thanks again. <><

AJ

(Psalms 34)

movie review of a movie that I saw this past weekend :)

Their is no part two, you have to see the movie to find out what happened in the fight with Max Baer and if James J. Braddock was killed in the ring :cool:.

Kelley, you should take the little lady to the big movie house this week and buy her some pop corn and enjoy the movie, if the movie is not in the big movie house you could rent it ;)

You will like this movie Kelley, trust me :thumbup:

General Ray

n/t

Isn't that the name of the guy who played Jethro Bodine on The Beverly Hillbillies? Max Baer?

I found out who won the fight, but can not say because a lynch mob may come after me for spoiling the movie for them! :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It is about the New Zealander who rebuilt a 1920 Indian Motorcycle and set a land speed record with it at Bonneyville i think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412080/

[attachment 16708 theworldsfastestindian_l200511171433.jpg] The life story of New Zealander Burt Munro,who spent years building a 1920 Indian.A bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 67.

and was a cocky sucker but Braddock wuped up on him. I also have the fight where he fought Joe Lewis.

BOxing back then and now is much different