Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Motorcycle and metal detector...................

Kelley (Texas)

The last few days, I have been doing some heavy thinking, without getting a head ache, about taking a metal detector with me when I ride the bike to some of the sites on the back roads down here in South Texas. I am thinking about visiting a few bike shops to see about possibly getting some larger saddle bags, big enough to carry the metal detector. Two things concern me, would the rough ride of the bike damage the metal detector, and would the South Texas heat damage the metal detector while riding in the saddle bag...sorta like being in the truck of a car. My other option would be to just use the bike like I am using it now, and come back later with the pickup truck...with the pickup truck, I could carry several metal detectors, plenty of water, and any equipment I might need. Folks, I am finding many, many sites for using a metal detector...more sites than I could ever hope to hunt. Also, I have found several dollars in change so far on the pavement of the rest stops when I stop to take a break. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Fred I can't remember how many times I wish I had a detecter with me,I don't know if heat or vibration would hurt,but I have droped many detecters over the years,usually only got scrathed.Also a good find could easily outweigh any risks.Plus as you know of course,they can be removed in half.I would go for it,good hunting & riding,I would be in hog heavon,no pun intended :)

possibly a shaft that breaks down for your saddle bags. Then you could wrap the box in a towel to protect it from the heat and the bouncing.
'Course with a truck you can carry all the gear, food and water you want. Either way, sounds like fun. Keep us posted.:thumbup:

was a weed wacker. She hollower out, what you doing out there..... Just wacking weeds. Oh ok, have fun........ didn't matter then if I found anything or not, I laughed for the next 2 hours.... Geo

I been looking for a hard case too. You can go to a place thats sales fabric and they have the foam in which they can cut out with a hot knife, was looking at the double gun cases or breaking it down to 3 pieces to travel with better. hope you luck.

This little detector by Garrett has features found on detectors costing 2 to 3 times as much. You could double it up on itself by quick releasing the coil and bottom shaft from the upper shaft and control box, then bungee cord it to the back of your seat. I've driven with mine like that on my bike in Bermuda and no problems. You'll be surprised at how much bang you get for your buck with this little Yeller Feller. I still swing mine even though I've owned an Excal 1000 for the last couple of years.

Cheers,

Eric