Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Morris the kat...

ojm bc

Hi,I don't really have a big story,this is the little bungalow across the road from my house.It belonged to May she lived independantly in it most of her life,raising one son by herself.She was a very sweet lady,living in it up to around age 95.She had a fall and passed away shortly.Her son said it was ok to detect,found a few silvers,but the real treasures was knowing such a lovely lady.I once had a cat which for some reason had to get away from my house,it was spraying.I asked if may would like a cat because her old tomcat was run over.She said ok,but never worked out the cat I gave her always came back to my house.I finally put a add in the paper and a few suckers err nice folks took Morris off my hands.Did I tell you that I got Morris at my parts supplier,they talked me into bringing it home.

The house will come down tomorrow for the usual triplex,thought I would take a snapshot.She was a great friends with my folks,I will miss her cheerfull outlook on life,well thanks for looking. oj

The coins and artefacts are just the icing.

Calm seas

Mikie

Grace and I went for a ride to our old neighbors last week. They live next door to the first place Grace and I fixed up together and made some real nice memories from. They're a young 78 or 79......something like that and it was sure nice to see them. A Scottish couple. Actually I told him about this forum.......was hoping he'd kick in now and then. If he reads this, he might. Only bad thing is his name.........Bill !! We need another one of them like we need another hole in the head. :lol: Great folks they are.......and we've got to appreciate each other while we can. :cheers:

I am sure you enriched her life.

One thing I have noticed with my Mother getting so old that I had never thought about. As they keep advancing in age all their friends from their youth die and they are left pretty much alone. My mother told me not long ago that everybody that lived in our neighborhood when she came from South Dakota in 1936 are dead. It must be very lonely for the old folks. Maybe that is why they are always talking about the past..

you've lived in pretty much the same area most of your life,both my dads sisters lived within about 8-10 miles of where they grew up.the neighborhoods changed but they still kept in the general vicinity.may was a constant for you,an old friend,sorry to hear she passed on,she had a long life.

one of my sisters is a certified nurses aid,she sits with older folks,3 days on three days off.when older folks fall it seems they don't last to long,shes sat with people who are in that situation.i couldn't do it,you get attached to people and then they go.i know its different,but sometimes you get attached to the familiar things and then when they are gone it leaves you kind of a empty feeling.like a old building or a landmark sign.

looks like her house is still in good shape,guess progress will take it.enjoyed the story.

the kat was marking his territory and his boundaries. They are unique animals and they either like you are they don't. Lots of folks don't like cats because they are so independant. Apparently he liked you and needed to spray some boundaries to tell other animals to stay away. They can be annoying however when they spray that smelly stuff. I have a tomcat named bubba (Yep thats his name and my name) that will try to talk to me when I look him directly in the face and talk to him. He turns his head from side to side and opens and closes his mouth which looks like he is trying to talk back to me. Believe it or not but I think that he is really trying to talk. Maybe he is trying to tell me he would like to change his name or some such thing. Bubba2

Good memory for sure. I know I enjoy talking to older people. They have a lot of wisdom to offer and know the world we live in from much harder times. Geo-CT

...her house was modest just like May,I still see her son quite often at the malls,I feel sorry for him a little,he was the only child in the family and single,well maybe the single part is good :D OJ

Were the people I have met and the friends I have made along the way.Mrs May was a treasure for sure.

Things have changed on this site. Not sure how to respond?? Everything looks different to me...

Is that a picture of Osama Bin Ladin of the guy who posted this?

Pierre