Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Morning beach hunt

Sandtick

Great morning for a hunt. $2.23 in change, $1.00 in bottles, a cool cross that had my heart thumping and a little trash. Hope everyone has a nice week!

Nice cross!

Good take ! What do you mean by $$ for bottles? We don't have redemption on them here - is this what you refer to ?

Good digs, Steve in so la

Yes, there is a 10 cent return for certain bottles/ cans. So, when buying soda or beer you pay an extra 10 cents on each. You get that money back when you return the can/bottle to a store.
It's suppose to help with littering.
I was talking to a fellow earlier this summer who told me around 4th of July he made $300 just picking up cans. He hit about 5 beaches right after the fireworks shows and pretty much spent all night hunting for cans.

Beautiful Crucifix!!

Congrats Pete on all the finds....very nice morning indeed! I remember back in the 1940's when I was in grade school that we kids would look for bottles to return and get 1 or 2 cents a bottle.....that was the only way most of us could get money in our youth....mom and dad sure didn't shell out any only if we needed to buy lunch for school! 15 cent would buy a slice of bologna and crackers but needed more to buy a soda, so drank water instead, but most of the time I made lunch, after milking the cows and helping with other chores, which consisted of a biscuit with jelly or maybe a pc of bacon or two.....You talk about rough and tough we had it during WWII 1941 to 1945...graduated high school in May 1953! There were so many terrible war stories by the siblings of those who were fighting the battles that ppl now wouldn't understand or believe and that is why History is repeating itself.....even today! Hope you and yours are well and happy and that you find a lot more goodies and bottles for those refunds to add up quickly into $$$$$. God Bless! :angel: Ma

steve in so az said:
Hello & how's everything in sunny Cal :) Steve in so (was az) la.

Not to hijack Pete's thread, but things are good out this way! Thanks for asking Steve!

Once again, some nice finds Pete!!