Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Morning at the park...

wyohunter99

Well went to the oldest park in town, this park I know has been pounded over the years... I didn't find anything to exciting... 14 Penny's, 10 dimes, 3 quarters, a button, a locket, a key and a religious pendant. I would think that there is some deep stuff there??? When you guys find deep silver is it loud and clear? Is it smooth or choppy? Thanks
DSC_9451.jpg

Hey!

Not to shabby, at least you did not get skunked! I'm sure there is still more, what sensitivity were you at? All silver I have hit has been in AUTO, the deepest I have had to dig was 6-7 inches.
The last was a very small pinky,toe ring, solid scream @ ID 39 surrounded by trash @ 6 inches. I want to start using MANUAL TO SEE if I can go deeper, I am thinking AUTO may run at conservative sensitivity thus limiting my depth. It may be the ground I am hunting, very mineralized.

Keep up the good work! I'm hoping to get out in the morning.

Good Hunting! Q

Thanks Q. I was running coin/jewlery mode, sens. at 17 because it was chattering quit abit even after noise canceling, trash level set to high... I am sure if there were any deep old coins under my coil today the safari would have let me know they were there.... Good luck to you on your morning hunt....Keep us posted on what you find... I to am planning on going in the morning...

Looks like your off to a great start.The answer is if there is nothing around target it should come in repeatable clear about 90% of time.In junk listen to tones and watch target ID go extremely slow make sure you are in high trash mode and do the math average out your ID if they are jumping if they are mostly in or above 30 I will dig coin near junk.If you start to dig a lot of square nails they can sound good high pitch like coin faster you sweep coil the better they sound change direction and slow down sweep 3 to 4 times slowly you will hear it sound good one to two sweeps than threshold mask or drop out square nail I will not dig most times. This is in coin and coin and jewelry.Take silver dime to park you are hunting lay on ground after you set up safari sweep coil over dime while raising coil higher as you hear the high pitch of a good target fade out listen to that funny chop sound that does not repeat more than not it will be something good watch your depth make sure it reads also almost to bottom.Was following friend with E-trac got the chop signal called him back to see if he would dig target ID read no higher 20 sometimes would only hear chop signal every 2nd or third swing said he would not dig.Dug signal was slick silver bust dime with hole in it full length of garret pin pointer about 9 inches.I hunted 5 hours only found 7 coins the newest was 1919 wheat.Nice old large cent with hole in it came in clear at 11 inches had to dump trash pouch 2 times.I was able to learn this machine very quickly it is very much a lot like 1200 fisher detectors with about 4 inches of extra depth and better target /disc separation but like Clint Eastwood said every Safari must know its limits.

Thanks for the info Prep... I will try that with a silver dime...I have been trying to key in on the different tones more than the id numbers, I have noticed that newer pennys almost always give me a high pitched double chirp chirp on one direction of the sweep....