Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mormon well finds

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Managed to pull a few keepers from around the Mormon well in an old ghost town that was our county seat at one time. This site has been pounded, Bulldozed you name it but I keep going back trying new combinations, so armed with the new update off I went. The square nails were intense with several coming out with each find. Here's the setting I settled on that worked the best as far as producing.
Field 2
sens. 23
recovery 7-8
f2 0
About half were found with the stock and half with the 6 inch.
HH Jeff

VERY nice finds, Jeff! Digging all that, from amongst square nails (which are, in my opinion, the TOUGHEST trash items to deal with, given that they have a penchant for giving off "good-sounding" high tones) is impressive!

NICE job!

Steve

Nice finds wish I could find more Indians ..
Mark

Thanks Steve, that's what I like about field 2 the high tone iron isn't as "chatty" on these sites in my opinion/sites.
HH Jeff

bootyhoundpa said:
Cool finds...I’m shocked you fellas can run the sensitivity so high in that kind of environment....
No emi in the forest, one more confession I can't remember the last time I noise canceled. :O

Interesting, Jeff, about field 2 being less "chatty."

I have been experimenting lately with switching to two different modes -- Park 2 multi, and then Park 1 40 kHz -- when I hit a target in Park 1 multi that I think is PROBABLY a nail, but there's enough high-toning that I think there could be a high conductor hiding down there. And I have DEFINITELY, CLEARLY noticed that the high-tone falsing is less in Park 2, and MUCH less in Park 1 40 kHz, than in Park 1 multi. SO -- I can see, from this little bit of experimenting I've been doing recently -- where possibly hunting in Field 2 multi might really cut down on the falsing…

VERY interesting...

Steve

I find a huge difference between sites just in my area. I have several modes set up exactly the same so I can jump between them and feel comfortable I am only seeing the difference in algorithms not other adjustments effecting the outcome.
HH Jeff

Anyone try field 1 seems to make tones high??

I agree its totally different. The way I understand it is field one is for tougher sites with Coke and highly mineralized soil. I think it was presented that way by Derek McLennan Minelab's Detectspert.
HHJeff