Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Tennessee CW Relics and a whatsit!!!

VOL1266X

Dman and I planned to return to the U.S. CW site where I found the Tennessee Veterans Pin on Friday. We had to postpone due to a rare Tennessee snow day. We had heavy rain last week and we wanted to see if we could dig deep targets. We finally got in a 3 hour hunt early Sunday Morning. I found 4 dropped 3 ring bullets, a lead coated nail, remains of an "Extra Quality" Eagle Button, a a brass/iron whatsit.
This is not the first lead coated nail that I have found in campsites. One theory is that the soldiers dipped the nails in lead and rubbed them into the charcoal of campfires so they could mark on paper as if they were a pencil. Do you know any other reason???
The whatsit has us puzzled. You can judge its size by the first pic. The long part is iron and the wide part is brass. Dman believes it may be a trigger assembly for a gun with the long iron part being the trigger and the brass portion being the mount. Any ideas? There is no evidence of an old homesites in that area. Excuse the pics but my good camera is broken but I KNOW Santa has the one that I picked out.
I included the remains of the button because it disintegrated in my hands. These buttons are soon to be gone due due to acid rain and ground action. Get 'em while you can.

2008 CW Relic Count=160 YTD

Happy Holidays and Good Huntin' from Middle Tennessee!!!

Great finds. Where are you guys hunting in middle Tenn.? I hunt in Franklin and further south in Tenn. Maybe we could get together for a hunt. Let me know.

hey vol1266, i see you and dman have had some good luck lately. congrats! ya'll doin' a lot better than i am! the brass whatzit really reminds me of a sword hanger missing the hook. it just seems to fit. hh!

GRAY GHOST said:
hey vol1266, i see you and dman have had some good luck lately. congrats! ya'll doin' a lot better than i am! the brass whatzit really reminds me of a sword hanger missing the hook. it just seems to fit. hh!

GG, Realebill on anther site sent me a pic of an old toy cap pistol from the 60s era. Dman had found a large portion of a pistol like that in the same field we were hunting minus the hammer. The whatsit is the hammer from the toy pistol. Good luck and Happy Holidays from Middle Tennessee!!!