Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Tejon Targets( Better batteries)

Brokensignal

After finding out that 1.2nimh rechargeables would not work good i changed to alkaline and my luck changed to.Watch out for rechargeables the AA nimh will only charge to 1.2vx8v=9.6v the Tejon will not run right at this dc volt and amp level.

well I been using rechargables 2900 mAh & 2500 mAh in my Tejon from the day I got it had plenty'a good finds and some very deep also used alki's an seen no difference in performance in any way the rechargable 2900 mAh actually outlast energizers , all research I've done would suggest that the Tejon is regulated so using recharables shouldnt be a problem and will save ya plenty $$$$

Brokensignal,

What were you getting on the Tejon's battery check with the rechargeables?
tvr

I purchased the power x AA thinking they were 1.5 vdc rechargeables.Well all nimh are only 1.2 vdc,if you look at the side of the battery you will see it 1.2 v.This is not a good charge rate to start with on a 12v detector,1.2 x 8 =9.6v,only gives three beeps on battery test.I can not us the 1.2nimh AA in my minelab either it will not work.If you have a 9v detector like the vaquero the 9v rechargables work good,they will charge proper volts.

With three beeps on the Tejon should work ... but then maybe not for real long. Going to depend a lot on battery capacity. The NiMH tend to hold voltage well until they are fairly well discharged and then drop fast. So you may be at three beeps for a while then quickly drop to one or none. So far, I have been sticking with alkaline cells.
tvr