Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MORE Snooping Photos of Beantown's Waterfront... PART II

Ron J

Heres a shot of Bunker Hill Monument.Last time i visited there,i was in the 5th grade! :D [attachment 49508 Constitution107.jpg] This is one of many steel shuttered windows on an old wharehouse.May have been shut since WWII![attachment 49509 Constitution108.jpg] Here is a "GO FAST" Police Boat.Its unusual to see a sling like that in a Saltwater harbor.Very common on lakes.[attachment 49510 Constitution114.jpg] This old trawler appears to either been sunk here for a long time,or may have been hauled out of the harbor? I would really like to cut the "house" off that boat,and make a small shed,neat conversation piece!Wouldn't mind finding the prop,if it "fell" into my trunk either!!:D Looks like a couple of great flagpoles in the making also! [attachment 49515 Constitution123.jpg]Next are a few tugs,on the Chelsea side of the harbor.The company has smaller,and larger tugs,and has been around for as long as i can remember. This Pilot house,is at the entrance to an old yacht club.[attachment 49513 Constitution120.jpg]

of beautiful unique stuff abandoned just ruining! I just can't believe some groups or rich people would not want to restore some of this! Kind of a waste, don't you think?

Thanks Ron! :)

In the last photo, the one of the old rotting wood boat, do they just leave them like this to self destruct?

Someone could easily spend an entire weekend poking around all the boats and old buildings...no telling what old things that you could find.

Ron, just curious, are there any snakes around those old boats, like water moccasins?

Thanks for posting these photos, most interesting. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Its located with a bunch of similar buildings,and as you can see,its been shuttered for many yrs.If i remember,its about 5 or 6 floors high. All the windows,and the loading doors have the steel shutters! I would love to snoop inside,but fat chance! Technically,beside being part of the Nat'l Park service,its also part of the Navy! The USS Constitution is on the other side of the building. As for snakes around the old trawler? No,but when the tides in,i am sure there are crabs,and eels,roaming through it,all harmless.

I hear there's money to be made scrapping old props. Seems the bronze is worth quite a bit now.

Dave

set up for display to the general public now? I have seen pictures of it and it is a beautiful ship.

Are you going to post some more pictures of the boats and coast? I think that they are great to see, especially for some one like me that live in the brush country. Thanks for posting them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Likely some pretty neat things lying around in there. There sure are ample boats that just get abandoned, eh Ron ? I'm surprised they don't track down the owners and charge them to have them removed. Great pics Ron:thumbup: