Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Silver Saturday

Shooter65

Got out for a while Saturday and had a great day cold or not.34 degrees. Found a 1928 standing liberty quarter, 1927s wheat and a Sterling silver spoon with Washington on the handle and Mt. Vernon on the spoon. Spoon is Watson Co., Thomae Co. manufacture but can't find one exactly like it on the net and suspect it may be from the mid 1920's. Looked up hundreds of Washington spoons but nothing like this one. Not quite 4" long. Don't know if I should clean and polish this thing up or not.

... pretty cool!
I have yet to find an SLQ. Im jealous!
Where do you guys find this stuff!?

I have a whole bunch of silver plated spoons that I have dug up over the years. I hope to make a pile of spoon rings out of them this year. Mine are very plain compared to what you have found. :)

i find many silver plated spoons but no sterling silver ones :shrug: wtg shooter65 :thumbup:

Pick up a bottle of TARN-X. It will restore it to like new. You just dip the spoon into it or apply a little with a cotton swab and rinse it off under water. That's a beauty of a spoon. Probably would bring a handsome price as a collectors item.

Bill

I have a few SLQ's. Got a whole box full of souvenir spoons from all over the U.S. that my now deceased mother-in-law collected over the years motorhoming all over the U.S. Canada and Alaska. Going to have to dig them up and see what all is in the box. THey are all in the original packages.

Bill