Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More pics

deadheadwillie

:rage:It cant be a corner protector it has no flat mountable surfaces,It does look like the center of a mercadies benz"but heavy solid copper?" Does anyone know of a benz with a solid copper hood emblem or any kind of emblem.Alltough I really think its much older than any benz.I know yall are tired of guessing ,but I have been racking my brain and asking everybody i can think of and "Still lost".This thing whatever it is has drove me nutts since I dug it up.:rant:[attachment 26198 Untitled-5.jpg][attachment 26199 Untitled-4.jpg][attachment 26200 Untitled-3.jpg][attachment 26201 Untitled-2.jpg][attachment 26202 Untitled-1.jpg]

n/t

It looks to me to be part of a primary disrupter bank you would find on a typical Klingon battle cruiser. My best guess would be a plasma reflector/splitter off a pulse induction converter. Notice the heat scarring on the piece you have, indicating a complete warp core melt down. You're lucky to have found that in one piece. Hope this helps.

[attachment 26205 Untitled-1.jpg]

<center> in the Rev War they used items of wood to throw on the ground so when horses carrying solders came the horse would step on them and throw the rider or worse become disabled the horse :)
well they used them in the civil war as well.
I don't have my book out but I know in the Rev War these were made of wood
Not sure what they made of in the civil war tho, also I forget the exact name so cant google it :(
these were made a certain way as well so no matter how they were thrown they would normally land in the right position to get the horse...
I know they have pics in the book Neumans encyclopedia of the Rev war

<center> they were called Caltrops

http://images.google.com/images?q=caltrops&sourceid=mozilla-search&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&percentage_served=*:100&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

<center> not like them, click the link below, also some on ebay from civil war
http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:gsIXC3JsWEQJ:www.iglou.com/btreasure/camp.htm+civil+war+caltrops&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=6&client=firefox-a