Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More people would appreciate detectorists more if only they knew things like this ;) (PIC)

Icehouse

I went out with my X70 today at lunch for 25 minutes. I found some cents and a quarter = nothing spectacular but I was very happy.

What really amazed me is when I pulled a plug that was reading mostly penny 30-32-34- on my display. Upon finding this broad head arrow tip with 3 razor edges I was thankful that I did not cut myself wide open while inspecting the plug. Similarly I felt I may have helped to keep other people from being cut wide open since I have removed this very dangerous item from the ground.

If only people knew the things that us detectorists remove that may injure them, we may have more yards/parks/beaches to hunt.

Have any of you found something that was best removed from the ground to prevent peoples injury? Just wondering and thanks for reading ;)

broadhead.jpg

I found a hypodermic needle once. it was still attached to the syringe. The spoon my detector was seeing was right next to all of this. The spoon still had the burn marks under it. Man that was a bad mojo dig, Beale.

Would this Qualify, the blade was open when I dug this at only about 2 inches at the beach .

The Blade is about 3 1/2 Inches long.

I think someone could die if they fell on this one.

See Picture

I also dig up fish hooks on a regular basis at the beach.

it was right next to the tire swing. i also dug a pocket knife from right under the slide at a different park. it was right next to where the kids landed after going down the slide. and my biggest was a huge rusty nail in a tot lot. i actually dug it right in front of a mom who just took her childs shoes off. she very quickly got them back on. glad i found those before a child did. i usually tell the parents to keep shoes on thier kids. they would be surprised at all the rusty and dangerous items that are found in tot lots.

I have dug so many nails, that I'm surprised someone hasn't been seriously injured by them.