Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More of the North side ...........

Ron J

Tough to get closer shots,but here you can see the long jettys,guiding you in/out.[attachment 67806 PlumIsland100.jpg] A Whale Watching vessel coming in,fighting the current..[attachment 67807 PlumIsland105.jpg] Wasn't going to press my luck,and go out any further...[attachment 67808 PlumIsland108.jpg][attachment 67812 PlumIsland110.jpg] Here are the remains of a rather large Channel Buoy,(Aid to Navigation),that must of broken loose at one time,just being pounced on by the Sea,till it,one day,is a pile of rust.The pics make it look like the size of a 44 gallon drum. Guessing it was 6 to 8 feet across,and maybe 16 ft deep.Below that was a steel beam extending about six ft,which is what the anchor chain would have been attached. There was a second Buoy about 100 yards further up the jetty.[attachment 67811 PlumIsland119.jpg][attachment 67812 PlumIsland110.jpg]

over that buoy.! The power of the sea is amazing!

on the farthest western tip of England there is a light house. Not a little tower but a classic tower. On top of it is a small heliport. Well just a pad where a helicopter can land.

That helipad has been washed off by waves three times. Maybe more now because I saw the story years ago on tv. This is a BIG lighthouse!![attachment 67871 LighthouseSafety.jpg]

we must not forget this shot. That lighthouse feller just looks too relaxed to me!!

It has the same look as your buoy Ron.. Sometimes I find it astounding the power that can do that damage.

Calm seas

Mikie

I always seem to get a "melancholy feeling" whenever I view these historic lighthouse areas. Kinda like the feeling of fall approaching. I bet that water body can be menacing when it chooses to be as well ? Love these pic tours Ron !! :thumbup: