Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More horse video stuff.........

Wayne in BC

Crossing the river near where my old hunting camps were during a trail ride,
Trailride.jpg

Video on top of mountain shows son in law on his lead horse and grandaughter doing kid things:biggrin:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/goldhound/?action=view&current=Mountainvideo.flv

Youngest grandaughter Pam (age 12) winning the open Quarter horse futurity and performance class over 30 competitors, including her Mom!:lol: She won 750 dollars and a terrific western Bronze. She is the one wearing the black stetson.
Pam3.jpg

you folks live in. Sounds like your daughter is a chip off the old block:thumbup:

That country is so different from our brush country down here in South Texas. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We really enjoy the mountains when traveling. My wife is headed out in the AM on a trail ride with her girlfriends. She has a nice 16 hand Missouri Fox Trotter thats smooth as silk on the trails. Goes anywhere you ask him to. She has logged some serious miles on him. I could see her drooling as she was looking at your pictures. Drop me off there George, pick me up in a week....

Here is Ace. Great animal. Jane is really into the natural horsemanship training. I'll check with her, she has a few movie clips of him playing around here.

Every time she sees a dirt road she wants to have her horse and ride up it to see where it goes. Typical horse person. She did the show circuit for along time but now mostly just likes trail riding and ground work with the Parrelli crowd or Dennis Reis crowd. She used to raise Throughbreds down in Georgia for many years on 600 acres. My daughter had a bunch of them off the track that didn't work out for racing they used for hunter/jumpers... Lot of fun. Now we are down to 2 here and 2 in Charleston SC where Heidi is stationed with the AF. I never thought I'd see her with a gaited horse but she sure likes ACE.

George-Ct

a number of people i know use them on the prairie for training dogs and long rides. The Foxtrotter is the most popular for the smooth ride.
I had some Saddlebred mares and crossed them with my Quarter horse stud, got some good all purpose trail horses from them. Smoother ride and a bit more muscle and height.
Ace looks balanced! A beauty:thumbup:

you can get snow, rain, hail and sunshine on any day in summer.
The terrain can be tough on horses. Here is my daughter on her good Quarter horse on a typical trail. Note that she is using only a Bosel (a type of non mechanical Hackamore for the non horse people) as i did in the mountains. The advantages with no bit are that the horse can eat and there is no clanking and clicking when hunting. Of course this only applies to well broke horses, but then nothing else would do in this country!
[attachment 70052 DawnonHummingbirdcreek.jpg]

I'd have to put a lowjack system on Jane to find her... When she lived in Georgia,she was always up on the trails at Stone Mountain as their land backed up to it.... Bow hunters are out here now so I have to hope she don't come home looking like a turkey.... Never had any problems with bow hunters, close hunting so they can ID well, but rifle is another story. All hunters in CT are not real savvy on the do's an don'ts in the woods.

Geo

Tenn. Walking horse that my wife and her friend Carol saved. He was going to be put down. He was kicking,biting etc according to the people who had him. So Jane and Carol took him for one of their projects and Natural Horsemanship training. This horse now rides, drives and is a pleasure to handle on the ground as you will see in the clip. the clip is better towards the end. This is Mac. They use him in a lot of demos now. They just like helping others get going in the natural way of horse training.

This is Mac, the horse that no one could handle. Carol is working with him here and now hand comands is all it takes....Towards then end you see him getting more playful.... I have a great clip of him here but need to find it on here.....

Like you said earlier, if your a horse person, its pretty neat. Most of the horses she and my wife get are horses that were giveaways or abused. The changes in them are remarkable.... Geo-CT

http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=24766&CID=113769

and a perfect example of knowledge and patience. Too bad most people are not as smart as the animal they are supposed to be training. Because of the numbers of horses i had (sometimes 20+) and time involved with running three businesses, i began to prefer to raise my own colts than retrain sour horses, although it started happening when my girls got into their teens and took over much of that aspect. They were both making good money by the time they were 14 by taking cheap but well bred colts and fillies from a nearby PMU herd, starting them the right way and selling at the auctions locally. They both got a reputation for good work and profited.
Enjoyed the video and sent it to my daughter, thanks!

n/t