Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Fisher 1266-X Relics from Tennessee

VOL1266X

Here are a few more relics that I have recovered in my 13 years of detecting Northern Middle Tennessee. This box contains relics found only 6 miles from home. They were found on a battlefield on private land and a US Cavalry Camp near the Cumberland River. Oddly, the 4 Richmond Arsenal spur ends came from the Union Cavalry Camp. The best items are the sheet brass CS militia plate and the 1851 Sword Belt plate with keeper. Hope you enjoy seeing these 12x18 boxes of relics. I have 20 other boxes I can post in the future if members like. CS troops were poorly outfitted here in 1862 so don't expect to see Confederate buttons or CSA plates. If they were ever here, somebody else got'em. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

that's some really nice eyecandy there, 1266x! i can tell you been at it for a while. i always enjoy seeing your posts. you have a substantial collection, one like i'm working on to get myself. i'm sure if there was more confederate stuff there, you would have found that too. the spur ends are nice, never found any myself. but i'm tryin' to catch up! i hope to do more hunting this weekend near the hanover courthouse/ashland battlefield with my hunt buddy. great job, i know there's a lot of time and sweat involved here. thanks, and keep the posts coming! hh,

Real nice relics there my friend. Never found a belt plate myself. If you found this much brass you must have dug a bunch of bullets too. Great spot. HH.

[quote VOL1266X]Here are a few more relics that I have recovered in my 13 years of detecting Northern Middle Tennessee. This box contains relics found only 6 miles from home. They were found on a battlefield on private land and a US Cavalry Camp near the Cumberland River. Oddly, the 4 Richmond Arsenal spur ends came from the Union Cavalry Camp. The best items are the sheet brass CS militia plate and the 1851 Sword Belt plate with keeper. Hope you enjoy seeing these 12x18 boxes of relics. I have 20 other boxes I can post in the future if members like. CS troops were poorly outfitted here in 1862 so don't expect to see Confederate buttons or CSA plates. If they were ever here, somebody else got'em. Enjoy and thanks for looking.[/quote]

NOTE-Since several members seem interested in coins, I might add that the 2 coins shown are a 1854 Seated Dime from the edge of the Cavalry Camp and a 1797 Spanish small Reale from the CSA battle lines. Regards from Middle Tennessee!!!