Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More .... Fairhaven Shipyard

Ron J

[attachment 55351 newbedford081.jpg][attachment 55346 newbedford071.jpg][attachment 55348 newbedford081.jpg][attachment 55349 newbedford082.jpg] There is no doubt,the Fairhaven Shipyard, means business...Look at the size of the two different hoists! Wish i could be there,when they are moving some of the "big boys". [attachment 55350 newbedford078.jpg]It appears they have quite a crew,and they hustle about,and know there jobs. I have seen vessels of this size out on tracks before,but don't get this opportunity to get this close,and take pics. Its amazing how much draft a fishing vessel of this size has.They were pressure washing the hull of barnacles,and rust,while we were there.Imagine its just held up with boatstands. RJ Check the size of the rudder.

Maybe call it, Barnacle Ron's Maritine Adventures. :D

n/t

I have alot of catching up to do on this forum!

and love all the photos you have been posting. If I ever get time, I have some to post of my own. I have not had time to hardly look up since I have been back, but I have been trying to scan all the things I missed while I was gone that was posted on the forum.

Your photos are really nice, and the history is great too! Things I will never see for sure! :)