Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

more advice

rever5101

im trying a new spot today the adjacent houses date to about 1860s its a half mile strip of grass about six feet wide running between Victorian style homes and a frontage road (with a street between the it and the houses) and dead in the center on the frontage road side is an old train depot that has been shut down for along time (no info on line) any advice would be greatly appreciated i just recieved my 9x12 coil for the ace 250 should i take my stock along too

With that much area to cover the larger coil would be best. Only thing is your experience with it. Pinpointing is a bit different than with the stock coil. Takes some time to learn that part. And some day when I actually own one I'll know that too....heeheh. Just quoting from my bro who uses his all the time in large areas........

Use the stock coil. It is probably to trashy in the strip for the large coil. Sounds like a good place to hunt.

[quote awhitster]Use the stock coil. It is probably to trashy in the strip for the large coil. Sounds like a good place to hunt.[/quote]

From the way I read it, it sounds like an easement type of area. I wouldn't think trash would be the problem........Might be good to start with the stock coil and if the area seems fairly clean then maybe switch to the larger one.....IMHO

I have been there and done that. There is a lot of trash. It will be slow, but the sniper coil is a must. You don't have to do it all in one day. If you hurry you will miss a lot. It is important to learn how to detect the deep targets. They may only sound off every other swing, but if they pin point deep, dig it. I would do it in jewelry mode. There are too many old things that hit around pull tab. If you get tired, quit and go back another time. Enjoy every square foot. You have a good place to MD. The train depot will be the most challenging, because of trash. It can also be the most rewarding. Do it last.

i have been out once with large coil and spent the whole time (about 2 hrs) trying to get the pinpoint down its a little tougher ,but not as bad as i had thought it would be ,i got it down to about a 5 inch plug which ain't to bad it was at an area iv hit pretty hard a quite few times iv pulled 4 silver dimes out of the same general area ,no silver that time but i did manage 2 Wheaties on top of each other @ 7 in passed them over every other time ive been there hopefully the silver gods are in a good mood today thanks for all the input....john

well im back hit about a quarter of it prety hard alot of junk targets but the few good ones made up for it
p.s. the silver gods must be out on spring break ,made out with 1. 25 in clad, a key, a piece of an old combo lock, junk pocket watch ,an old shotgun shell ,a 44-s wheatie ,and a 14k ring that just happens to fit perfect (about 4in down hit pulltab)
ring.gif

ringtwo.jpg

junk.jpg