Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Moor Goodies!!!!!:biggrin:

danalf

Well 1st thing i have to say is only being 14 and showing up my dad when detecting is so fun.:detecting: My dad and I went to an old house we got permission to hunt from a friend and I found 10 wheat's. 1914,1916-D,1926-D,1929,1935,1937,1944-D,1944,1945-D,and 1946-D. My dad only found 3. I also found a sterling silver navy pin that is about the size of a penny on the front it has an anchor and under the anchor it says navy on the back it says official navy relief society. And for the last of my good finds I Found a weird looking medal or medallion. Shaped like an oval and alittle bit bigger than a quarter it has a picture of 2 churches and in the middle of the churches there is a religious looking figure hovering above water. Around the edge it says the ninth national eucharistic congress saint Paul- June 1941- Minneapolis. And if anyone can tell me any information about the navy pin and the medal that would be nice also I am sorry i dont have any pics but I am working on it. Well thanks for reading and HH to all.:cool:

Those are some really neat finds. That's a real assortment of wheats. The navy pin sounds interesting. I don't think it was issued by the US Navy or US government but probably by an organization that was interested in taking care of navy veterans. My guess is that this is probably from the World War II era. In regards to the medal you found, according to Wikipedia, in the Roman Catholic church, a Eucharistic Congress is a gathering of clergy, religious, and lay people, primarily to bear witness to Jesus in the Eucharist (Blessed Sacrament). I have seen medals and pins that commemorate these meetings and most seem to be from the 1920s - 1940s. You may want to go on Google to get more information. Keep up the good work and happy hunting!

hey man im 16. i've been detecting since i was 12. i just got myself an Explorer 2 upgraded myself from the Xterra 70. just wait until you gotta start buying your own detectors it sucks!:thumbdown: but why not get one of the best if your gonna buy one yourself!!!:thumbup: heres what i found my first day out with my Explorer! love to see kids around my age on here. cause this place is filled with old guys! (shhh dont tell them i said that) haha just messing with everyone great bunch of guys on this forum!

This is definitely a very addicting hobby that i have been doing probably since i was 7. i use the explorer 2 with the platypus for a coil.:super: