Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte's "Power Balance" Vs. Super tuning

BigErn

Think one or the other may be deeper? According to recent posts the Super Tuned detector may possibly have a negative GB? Then again what do I know, im just a beep and digger. discuss...:cheers:

super tuning is turning up the threshold in disc mode

so what is power balancing and to what detectors do you do it to?

Neil

Hi Neil

Do a search on Monte, all dates and go back and search through his posts...........He has posted the power balance method a bunch of times.

Power balance is to make a long story short, setting the ground balance on a detector that isn't a threshold based machine. Do as Hombre says & find Monte's explanation, he really explains things in a easy to understand way and is a wealth of knowledge. Steve.

to monte
can you explain power balance and super tuning and put it on a doc or whatever file so we can all download please

SkiWhiz said:
Power balance is to make a long story short, setting the ground balance on a detector that isn't a threshold based machine. Do as Hombre says & find Monte's explanation, he really explains things in a easy to understand way and is a wealth of knowledge. Steve.

I just looked it up and would like to know if youve ever tried it and what where the results? It sounds like such a minor adjustment of the GB knob, can it really make any difference?

The super tuning is easy to tell if it works, just adjust the threshold on any deep target you find, or any target period. I will have to try the power balance suggestion and see what I come up with.

Neil

Neil said:
I just looked it up and would like to know if youve ever tried it and what where the results? It sounds like such a minor adjustment of the GB knob, can it really make any difference?

The super tuning is easy to tell if it works, just adjust the threshold on any deep target you find, or any target period. I will have to try the power balance suggestion and see what I come up with.
Neil,

Starting with some of the earlier Tesoro's I put to use, I tinkered with the Threshold Tuner control and started to ON OCCASION use a technique I called Hyper-Tuning. In seminars and other instruction I covered things like Hyper-Tuning, Power balancing (both used only in the motion Discriminate mode), and other control adjustments and functions of a variety of makes and models. No, Hyper-Tuning, now referred to as Super-Tuning by Tesoro, does not work on every model, or on all other makes. It all depends on how they were designed.

When Hyper-Tining/Super-Tuning a Tesoro, such as a Bandido or Conquistador

On thing I noticed with my Cibola when super tuning was that when the threshold is set very high, it also seems to loose discrimination ability on larger pieces of metal, particularly iron.
tvr

Monte said:
Neil said:

Neil,

Starting with some of the earlier Tesoro's I put to use, I tinkered with the Threshold Tuner control and started to ON OCCASION use a technique I called Hyper-Tuning. In seminars and other instruction I covered things like Hyper-Tuning, Power balancing (both used only in the motion Discriminate mode), and other control adjustments and functions of a variety of makes and models. No, Hyper-Tuning, now referred to as Super-Tuning by Tesoro, does not work on every model, or on all other makes. It all depends on how they were designed.

When Hyper-Tining/Super-Tuning a Tesoro, such as a Bandido or Conquistador

tvr said:
On thing I noticed with my Cibola when super tuning was that when the threshold is set very high, it also seems to loose discrimination ability on larger pieces of metal, particularly iron.
tvr
absolutely tvr, I get the same reaction with mine. they actually are too jittery when the threshold is fully turned clockwise and I have to back them down to get stable. turning up the threshold in disc, supertuning, also magnifies all the other stuff in the ground also.

Neil