Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MONTE: QUESTION ON GOLD DETECTORS

jerry-nebraska

MONTE: I HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY REASONABLY PRICED EITHER THE GOLD SCORPION OR THE LOBO ST, CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON THESE TWO?

Not Monte, and probably shouldn't recommend a different brand on a Tesoro forum, but if I were choosing between the LST and Garrett Gold Scorpion I would go with the Scorpion. It has manual ground balance via a 10 turn pot that affects all metal and disc mode plus it has a non motion TR disc mode. Depth in all metal mode is similar to the LST in the mild ground here but it was deeper in disc mode, and while it doesn't have much depth in the TR nonmotion mode with the optional 3X7 inch coil, it's impressive in shooting through trash. Both are good detectors, and even though the Scorpion works better here the only way you'll know for sure which would work best in your ground conditions is to try both of them.

Since I seem to be digging most everything, anyway!, I'd like to try a LST as a park hunter for smaller jewelry, if anyone wants to sell one...
I am very happy with Tesoro engineering and would like to try the auto ground tracking.
HH
rmptr