Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte or anyone else on categorizing

findit

what makes some of the machines coin machines, and others all terrain or general. for example say a golden vs a vaquero. is it the frequency difference, and will just a 10kHz vs a 14kHz really make a difference in what you find or depth?

so let me simplify it this way:

For those who are 100% a typical, everyday, hit the park and school and maybe the neighbors yard type "Coin Hunter", then you can opt for a metered or non-metered model, with or without manual Ground Balance, and with or without a true All Metal mode, and if your pick works for you in your local area .... fine! :)

If you want to make use of accessory search coils for various challenges, consider a more 'full-featured' model.

If you want to hunt in a wide variety of ground mineral conditions, consider a more 'full-featured' model.

If you want to search in an All Metal mode and use little or no rejection, consider a more 'full-featured' model.

If you want to expressly be a "Relic Hunter" after both ferrous and non-ferrous targets, consider a more 'full-featured' model.

If you want to venture away from the tot lots, playgrounds, sports fields and parking strips to visit a ghost town, pioneer or military encampment, old resort or picnic site, etc., etc., consider a more 'full-featured' model.

What is a more full-featured model you might ask? In my opinion it might or might not have visual TID, but it will have a true All Metal mode, Threshold adjustment, and some sort of efficient Ground Balance function that is tied to BOTH the motion Disc. mode and All Metal mode.

I've used, and demonstrated to dealers and others, how an Eldorado w/8x9 had more depth in a tough mineralization setting than the higher-frequency Tej

first of all i think you misunderstood me. i have 4 different models so i am really not searching for an answer on which one to get i am happy with what i have, just trying to get a better understanding of some things. what i was trying to say is what makes tesoro say ok this is a coin machine, this one is a relic machine, and these are all terrain etc. also trying to get an understanding of how important of a role does frequency play, is one better than the other etc.
quote:
Ask anyone with an Eldorado or Silver

[quote findit]first of all i think you misunderstood me. i have 4 different models so i am really not searching for an answer on which one to get i am happy with what i have, just trying to get a better understanding of some things.[/quote] Sorry, :( I can do that now and then where there have been a lot of similar questions floating around.

[quote findit]what i was trying to say is what makes tesoro say ok this is a coin machine, this one is a relic machine, and these are all terrain etc. also trying to get an understanding of how important of a role does frequency play, is one better than the other etc.[/quote] Okay, now I understand what you're asking, and I have wondered why they did that in their catalog as well. :confused: For example, the Tej

n/t

As a general rule, higher frequency machines hit better on the lower conductive metals, and the lower frequency machines hit better on the high conductive metals like copper and silver. The Tejon, being a higher frequency machine, hits harder on brass and gold and nickel. You can tell this by doing an air test, it will hit a nickel deeper than a silver coin.

Why Tesoro markets machines in specific categories is probably more of a marketing issue aimed at first time machine buyers. Those of us that use these machines know how they perform and use them to our own advantage. Just because Tesoro calls a machine a "relic" machine doesnt mean it wont excel at coins as well. The Tejon was designed with features desired by relic hunters, but its great for many applications.

What it boils down to Monte - the key word in metal detector is "METAL" and they will all find it in various sizes and compositions. :) It's just a matter of choice as to whether you want to hunt with a Ford, Chevy, or Cadillac. This of course excludes specialized detectors.

Bill

One thing missing from this equation is operator expertise. You can take a pro with a $200 machine and put him up against a novice with a $1000 detector and guess who will come out on top at the end of the day. Detecting is 90% operator and 10% machine. The detector is an inanimate object and can do absolutely nothing by itself.

Bill

any of the discriminating Tesoro can work for most tasks, and I personally favor many that operated in the former frequency ranges. The brown-housed Tesoro's can get it done quite well most of the time. It didn't take a catalog's "classification" to help me find the coins and jewelry I have with a Tesoro, just the raw performance and no frills.

Hey, it looks like we might get a day of detectable weather this weekend! :) I hope you get out and have some success.

Monte

Yeah I found a ton of stuff with my Tesoros. I'm shopping around for an old Bandido II now. Yeah if the weather guy ain't full of it maybe we can all get out this weekend and pop some goodies. Hope you get out and dig some goodies.

Bill

Forgot to say, I had Garrett send me a Scorpion Gold Stinger. Going to see what kind of coinshooter it might be, especially on some of the black sand river beaches.

Bill