Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MONTE ON SILVER VS NEW

findit

hey Monte or anyone else who knows. If i already have a cibola and a vaquero would i be wasting my money on a silver? i read where people have both. Is there an advantage to having the silver in my stable of detectors? The way i look at it and please correct me if i am wrong the newer detectors have a ed180 disc vs ed120 and the have a higher gain. So would i not be getting less than what i already have if i purchased the silver or even golden for that matter?

I have a Cibola too and it's a great machine. I have the 5.75" concentric coil for it which I use almost exclusively now.

I've been wondering if the Silver would have an edge over the Cibola under some conditions and what those conditions would be.

I've had the Cibola for only two months now. Fell in love with it the first time out. I'm even more in love with it now that I've become more proficient. I've added the 5.75 also.

I like relics, parks, house sites, churches, ect. The usual all around stuff.

I wasn't interested in using my other MDs any more, and I wanted one to backup and complement my Cibola. I didn't want to invest as much as the Cibola. I read what people said about the Silver and liked what I heard. I chose a used Silver Saber Umax because it has a similar knob and button layout as the Cibola. That doesn't mean that it has the same performance characteristics as the Cibola. Probably the Silver Umax and the Silver Saber Umax are similar in performance.

I've had the SSUmax less than a week now. My first impression is that the Silver is similar to the Cibola as far as great performance and basically how it works. But the silver hits on all coins, even nickels with a little more pizazz. It seems to be at home in the parks, depending on what your looking for.

With the difference in frequency, I can hunt close to some one using the other and not worry about it.

The difference in discriminator and frequencies along with different engineering aspects seem to make a good combo. Take into account that I'm just learning, and these are my first impressions. I feel that Tesoro has allowed me to enjoy this wonderful hobby even more.

cheers

I don't own a Silver, but four months ago I purchased a used Troy X2 with I think is just a Silver with an extra button. Finely took it out yesterday and compared it to my Vaquero. I know, four months... Well it finely cooled down to sub 100. :) I took them both to a local park and after 1 hour with the Vaquero I had 26 pennies, 2 dimes, 1 key, 5 cans and 100+ pull tabs. I then switched over to the X2 and came out with $8.84 of clad and 11 pull tabs.

I suggest you get the Silver, you'll love it. I find the disc to operate better for coin shooting and I really like the high tone. So much I am sending my Vaquero in to have it switched from the low tone. BTW, the coils I am using are, 5.75 wide scan on the Vaquero and the Super 7 on the X2. The Vaquero with the 5.75 make a great combo for hunting ghost towns and iron ridden sites.

[quote Desert_Rat]I don't own a Silver, but four months ago I purchased a used Troy X2 with I think is just a Silver with an extra button.[/quote]No, it is NOT a Silver

[quote findit]hey Monte or anyone else who knows. If i already have a cibola and a vaquero would i be wasting my money on a silver?[/quote]Possibly, yes. The Silver

Hi Monte,

Sorry for the miss understanding, I was trying to say the X2 has the extra button and not the Silver uMax. I really like that Coin Check button :crazy:

I was running Discrimination at 4 on the X2 and set it right on Tabs for the Vaquero.