Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monte,If You Had The Golden Opportunity To...

candycane

Metal detect in all the lower 48 states and Canada with a couple of close friends,traveling in a Motor Coach,all expenses paid with no time frame,what detectors [ past or present ] would you take....Exclude Gold & Water Detectors.

candycane said:
Monte,If You Had The Golden Opportunity To...Metal detect in all the lower 48 states and Canada with a couple of close friends, traveling in a Motor Coach, all expenses paid with no time frame, what detectors [ past or present ] would you take???
You didn't mention the type or types of detecting we might engage in. No problem with me NOT including a water unit (I'm not into serious water hunting), but by eliminating any gold nugget specific model you've eliminated one activity I/we might want to take part in. Certainly if there was no time limit and I was traveling where I want, a good gold nugget detector would be included in my arsenal.

Also, by not specifying what detecting I might do or the type of sites, I can only look at this in terms of ALL the applications I might have for a detector. While my most often preferred hunting would include working old homesteads, stage stations, pioneer & military encampments, lumber & mining camps & towns, recreation sites/picnic groves/etc. from the mid-1800s thru the mid+-1900's, and ghost towns ... I would always be looking for any active renovation work in old schools, parks, sidewalks or roads. Then, too, there would be the old-use park and school sites, especially in smaller-to-medium, out-of-the-way towns, and urban sites that were magnets for drawing people during the period of silver coin use.

The biggest omission, perhaps, was NOT putting a limit of the detector makes & models that I could take with me! :) :)

So, while I am a rather practical person, I will not include a rather lengthy list of the models that could work for my needs. I can assure you that there have been many Tesoro models that have served me well in all the above applications through the years, most notable the Inca, Eldorado (original), Bandido & Bandido II, and to a lesser degree the Bandido II