Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mono e Mono

Sonorguy

I was wondering if any of you dig with one ear
on tone, and one ear on tunes, or a book or
whatever? I've been thinking about doing this
for awhile, but never got around to it yet.
Being a drummer leaves my brain is wanting
more while I hunt than beeping!

sometimes I leave one ear piece off so I can hear stuff around me.

Not me, I'm usually in the zone pretty deep but when I'm in the deep woods I'm constantly looking around so I'm not staring down the nose of a wild boar. (There's a bunch out here and they get cranky when you're in their territory.)

Generally I keep the threshold to a minimum so I can hear what goes on around me. Regardless of that, there have been times when someone has come upon me from behind. It may be my military training, from long ago, but I tend to react when surprised unnecessarily. In such cases, I tend to remember my karate training as well. To this day, I tend to sit with my back to a wall in restaurants so as to see coming traffic. Weird huh?

Ok, there that, I can see point of having one ear
open for them crazy hogs, and the occasional
Person, so I guess it's a situational deal.
when I'm in a park all by my lonesome, I guess
the only thing is if a person is walking a not so
friendly dog and I miss the approaching beast.
but yeah, I get the whole getting spooked bit,
I ain't keen to that either. As for zones, I can hear
my signals plain as day, and it usually just down
to "ok, it's another freakin pull tab or ball of foil, but I guess
I'll dig it anyway", ho hum... :)

I never worry what is around me. I have never hunted a park except to find a man lost ring. I live out in the country and everyone is pretty much all nice. And when I am out in the woods or fields detecting I take my Doberman. He loves to get to go with me. When he sees my detector come out of the house and I get my relic shovel out of the shed he gets so excited.

That's cool, killing 2 birds with 1 stone!! I love
dogs, actually animals in general, but don't have
room for anything other than my cat. Glad you
can share dig time with your dog, next you'll
have to 'learn im' what gold smells like. :)

Sometimes he likes to dig his own holes in the field. And I get to cover them up so they won't think I dug them.