Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modifications to Excalibur for Scuba????

SeattleALE

Hi,

I know this is a modification forum question but I figured if anyone's done it, they'd be in here!

Due to a broken wire I'm going to have to do some work on my coil. I figure now may be a good time to to look into some other modifications I've always wanted to do.

I'd like to modify it so that I can make both the coil and headphones exchangeable. I'm thinking I need to splice in water proof connectors in both lines. I'm also thinking about setting up some sort of switch box that will allow me to switch between the coil and some sore of probe like the x-1. I think an in-line probe like the x-1 for underwater would be fantastic.

Anyone done any of these sorts of things? Any suggestions, part number, manufacturers, or descriptive website would be greatly appreciated.

I love to tinker like this and have endless sketches. If you've done any of your own modifications I love to see them.

Thanks, SeattleALE

[attachment 37998 earphones.jpg]OK Lets see what i can do for ya. you can go to this site and get the connectors for your coil,, http://www.sunraydetector.com/ and i have a photo i took of my end on my excal, i put the grayghost underwater head phones on mine they are better than the others,you can get the grayghost from dixie metaldetectors for about 150.00 and ask him for the mounting hardware to mount it on a excal, the end where your old headphones were on you take the whole thing off and get an end cap from a battery cap, if you have a spare battery you can take it off there if not call minelab, i think there about 25.00 for a new end for the battery, hope this helps, Harold in Fla.