Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed lot, last few hunts….

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Some farm fields that produced some older stuff. Keys, a thimble. a fired pistol ball, a couple early 1800's buttons, and a wheat. An old parking area that gave up a 47 silver dime, an ornate victorian piece and a wheat. Today I hit a park that I'm sure does not get hunted. Coins everywhere!!! I passed up way over a hundred pennies. Ended up with 78 coins for a total of $8.94, one ring, some cars, and a fitness tracker. Also I found a hidden painted rock. The cold arrives in two days.
[attachment 352502 IMG_3306.jpg] [attachment 352503 IMG_3333.jpg]
[attachment 352504 IMG_3342.jpg] [attachment 352505 IMG_3347.jpg]
[attachment 352506 IMG_3348.jpg] [attachment 352507 IMG_3362.jpg]

Don't you have to know what those penny signals are for sure :)
I always dig em anyway. You sure got a nice variety of things, Steve in so la

I can tell the difference between a zinc, copper lincoln, wheat, Indian, and LC. Sure some could be something different, But there were shallow zincs all over so I chose to skip them and look for quarters and nickels. The only ring was a nickel tone.

Nice assortment. Like Steve I have to dig all penny signals if they are deep. I dug a lot of Indian cents digging zinc signals. But like you Mike I don't dig them if they are shallow unless the house has not been lived in for a long time.

These were all shallow zincs. I'm still dealing with a bad foot so I decided quarters were worth digging. :thumbup:

Hi Mike, Nice digs! That quite a mix you found there. When I was able to be out digging, I think I got as much joy from digging old artifacts as I did coins.

Congrats, Mike me son, on the new place with lots of coins and etc. Gonna be a lot more diggin' and most likely nicer finds! Is Ma jealous? YEP! But I had my detecting years and enjoying what I found while being out in God's beautiful world! :blush: Ma

...digging! That painted rock is interesting. Quite a haul there Mike.

Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Doug