Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MIRACLE IN MISSOURI !

Dan-MO

On a clear Oct. morning in 2002 11 year old Shawn Hornbeck of the tiny town of Richwoods Missouri left his home on his bike to visit a friend a few blocks away. He disappeared without a trace. Richwoods in about 40 miles from where I live. Massive searches were carried out over the days and weeks that followed in the national forest wilderness areas around his home.I spent several weekends helping with the search.I am acquainted with Shawns mother and step father. Lakes were drained and the rugged surrounding area was searched time and time again. Without a trace.

Time passed and the case went national but stayed cold.Everything that could possibly be done WAS done without a trace being found of Shawn.Ugly rumors were spread that named names of people suppose ably involved with the murder....yes by now everyone assumed Shawn was murdered....amoung the names were Shawns own parents.

The years passed and Shawn was never forgotten and his parents and friends of his family never gave up on the quest to find out what had happened to Shawn.

Last Monday 13 year old Ben Owensby was drug into a truck and hauled away as he got off his school bus a block from his house in a adjoining town.Another 13 year old witnessed the abduction and gave a description of the truck. The FBI was called in and a massive investigation began.Late this afternoon a tip lead to the location of the truck at a apartment complex in a town aprox 60 miles away.

When police entered the apartment.....Ben was found ! Alive! When they entered a back bedroom a young man of nearly 16 years old approached them......It was Shawn!!! Alive!!!! At this time details are sketchy...an arrest has been made but the investigation continues.My friends have had a joyful, tearful, WONDERFUL reunion with a son nearly everyone thought would never be seen again this side of heaven.Veteran police officers are on TV sobbing like baby's Thur their happy tears.I shed a couple myself!This is STUNNING news around these parts ! What a WONDERFUL day!!!

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2045865&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

When it was announced over the intercom that Shawn was found alive.Everyone in the store applauded and cheered for several minutes.Total strangers hugged each other in joy.Tears of happieness flowed freely.I have never seen anything like it. All I could think about was his parents-Craig and Pam. I can't wait to see the reunited family

scars is the boy going to have to carry because of some evil person. If the cops don't do everything right, they could walk.

I can not imagine the joy those parents and the boy are feeling right now..

Shawn and his family are going to need a lot of adjusting. The boy seems to have been thoroughly indoctrinated in the time he has been away. This is normal. I guess they call it the Patty Hurst Syndrome. They get an attachment to the kidnapper. Shawn had a cell phone and never called for help.

It is sometimes hard to understand how this could happen but an eleven year old kid, scared out of his wits and taken from the only safe place he has knows, will grab at anything to feel safe, usually their kidnapper,

This kid needs understanding and help but it is not gonna be easy for any of them

That kidnapper should be executed in my view

n/t

"Amazing" is the only word I can think of that would describe this one.

Kids can be manipulated so easily, it seems, by a twisted mind of an adult. That is why they are so dangerous. The girl that was abducted by that cult leader-type idiot in Utah...she's another example of a thorough brain-washing.

Yup, the news needs more stories like this one from Missouri.

aj

and know the mother's must be so relieved to see them BOTH alive! I hope they put that man UNDER the jail, buried alive! Good on you for helping search! :)

How far are you from Little Rock? :)