Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab X-Terra 30

Heeluver

Can anyone tell me that owns a Minelab x-terra 30 if they had success with it.. I bought mine last summer and didnt get alot of use out of it but need to know if its a good detector. Thanks for the help, Dan

You bet its a good detector. I think your key phrase was " didn't get a lot of use out of it" Here lies the problem. Once you learn what any detector is telling you then good finds will come. It may be frustrating at first mostly due to not picking quality sites etc. But you have a good machine.

I had a 30..It was one of the better turn on and go (Fixed Ground balance) machines I have used.
It's not for every detecting scenario,but it works very well over all.

It is a great "grab it and go" detector. The entire X-Terra line belies quality and performance......when only the best will do: X-Terra

Dan. It's a very good machine. After using my Explorer, I find that it is no where near as good as the X-Terra 30 for separating coins from screw caps. Just because it has 12 notches, don't underestimate it. The audio system is subtle, giving you a good idea about a target while still on the fly. Also, if you pinpoint off the 12 o'clock position of the inner coil and listen to the signal dropping off, you get a very good idea as to what it is. Personally, I think that is one of the better units on the market. Just give yourself time to get to know the detector. Don't be concerned about the 50 or the 70 either, as the 30 will hold it's own with these 2 as well.
Mick Evans.

I have just purchased an X30 can't wait to get out to try it, had a White's coinmaster 2/db 20 years ago.

First time today with my new X30, it's been 20 years, took it to work only got about an hour on 100 year old untouched ground came up with 2 wheat pennies. i just know there has to be some silver in there.