Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Service Dept.

Kenny Ray

17 days ago today I called Minelab and they have gotten my Explorer XS.I haven't heard anything since and am starting to get worried.Has anyone ever sent their detector to get fixed and what was the turn around time?Thanks,Kenny Ray...☺...

[attachment 185317 minelabcustomerservice.jpg]
Our mailing address is:
Minelab USA
2777 Finley Rd #4
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515

I brought my explorer SE in sometime before Xmas and got it back last week. They were nice enough to replace the original koss headphones that had broken a while ago and give me a replacement battery cover for the battery pod. And also replaced my minelab find bag that had a defective zipper. The main reason i brought it was that i had a 4 year warranty that was about to expire and i had heard the early explorer SE had a problem with the slimline coils. They said mine was working fine so nothing had to be fixed on the machine itself. When i was talking to the repair tech on the phone he said that the explorer SE has different software than the explorer SE pro, and that it just not the pro coil that makes the machines different. And also that for about $4-500 parts/labor they can upgrade a old SE to have the newer software/faster processor. But by the time you add in the pro coil you might as well buy a used SE pro or a etrac. All in all the repair time was decent since with the weather we have had lately we can't get out to hunt anyway. Also you got to figure that everyone else has sent their machines in as well. Now it would be nice if they let the ones that lived in the area of the service center have a loaner etrac machine to use while waiting for the repairs to be done.
Maybe even a trade in program for older units, and have factory certified units kinda like a used car lot. I would imagine they might even sell a etrac control main body separately as a part you could buy?

Now i'm wondering if anyone has made a test comparing the difference between the original explorer se and a explorer se pro, besides just the coil difference?

My boys was bad out of the box..E-trac bought at kelly co.they said he had to get a number from mine lab for them to be able to send it in.took 3 months working with them on the phone to be able to finally send it in.Then it took 4 months to get it back.That is why I wont buy a brand new mine lab.Will buy a used one that is working, thank you. Its now income tax time and he is getting a v3i..
This is the type of service they are trying to improve on. Hope they can, from what i see on here if they are working they are some of the best.