Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab SE Pro / Whites DFX

lv2jamm

I'm considering a new detector after using a Naut. for years and was looking at the new SE Pro and the DFX. I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to compare the two. All my hunting is for relics usually in mineralized soil. Just trying to get a little in-site before spending that king of money.
Thanks in advance.

I hunt with the se pro.and love it!!!....I have a e-trac....have not tried yet....when one thing works , it's hard to change! My friend has a e-trac and he does great with it.
sometimes I wonder?.....going to try my e-trac one day!...They say the e-trac is easier to learn....my se just seems to talk to me!....If I was younger I could swing them both!!!!

I use them both and the DFX is my choice for relics.

from my point of view..Get the DFX...

I hate the Se I own..Not my cup of tea. I find it to be heavy, bulky, hard to understand all the sounds yada yada yada..Drives me nuts no matter where I use it. My dislike worsens every time I use it too.
Am I saying it is a bad machine..No Sir..It's a good , in fact, very good metal detector. Thousands of successful owners can't be wrong.

[size=large]But[/size].if you like light weight, faster swing machines that work well everywhere...Then go for the DFX..It too is a very, very good detector.

For relics I use the Explorer, because of the ferrous tones. Then I just go by sound and dig everything none ferrous, when the area is clean I might go after the iron.

While it is possible to do the same with the DFX I find it easier to grab more depth with the Explorer and it's easy to understand. Just at the start dig every signal until you understand what relates to what.

Also less settings to mess with, though that's not always good either. Personal preference.

If you can go to a dealer and try out both, to see what you prefer.

I might suggest not making a decision right now and give yourself a couple of weeks to digest a lot of information. Also look for new detectors and equipment to come on the market for 2009 this month which will not only give you more to choose from, but just might lower the prices on used equipment from those wishing to upgrade to the latest "state of the art" offerings. Either way you might want to go, new or used, I think holding off buying anything right now would be wise.

Just wondering if something new is coming on the market will it be something better to handle mineralized ground conditions, at the same time have the ability to be able to determine target conductivity and with a good discriminating program or where you can install your on?

BOB