Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MINELAB I WANT A NEW SOVEREIGN !

harryo

Love to detect with sovereigns they go deep. Need to have a new design. less weight more depth and still sound sweet on a coin. New color, new coil, new sounds. Built in meter and a built in probe that gets at least 4in on a coin.Also wireless headphones is a must. Make me one I will buy it. Now get to work and do it. :surprised:

If anybody has new ideas what to add to the new sov. please post it maybe MINELAB will notice this and do it. Thanks

Remove two toggles, noise band and silent search.

remove the internal speaker and put a meter in that place

make the threshold knob also the on/off knob, no need for volume adjust

make the volume knob an adjustable iron mask knob

in disc mode have the disc range all the way down into all metal

as an option offer a plastic case that would hold the GT box and allow submersion in water up to say 6 or 7 ft. no need for knobs on it, just two ports for headphone wire and coil wire, make all adjustments before closing up and using.

use the pro coil form from the Etrac for the newer Tornado coil and make one similiar for a 7" or 8" version

make the rod as light as the whites rod which is about half as heavy as the GT straight rod

thats all I can think of now:cheers:

HH
Neil

Hi Harryo
You don't need a new one.
Take a 10 x 12 sef for your sovereign bether dept and sens.
Take a Anderson shaft or a telescopic one, much lighter.
Take this wireless headset http://www.airheadzwireless.com/products.htm
Take the pistol probe and you got the deepest availeble, more than 4 inches.
trow away the meter and listen to the sounds.
Fot the waterproof version, take the excalibur.
Happy hunting.
Kind regarts from Holland
Gerrit

The Sov is a dinosaur but a great detector. Like Art's reference to more knobs and switches that few would use, the Sov could probably be stripped of most of them like Disc settings and notch and silent search (I would not miss them). A popular mod that has been made to many older Sovs is a pin point switch thumb activated . I would set that up to instantly switch between Disc and A/M mode - oh yeah babe that would get my attention.
Will Minelab bring out a new Sov? I doubt it. If they did bring one out would it incorporate any of the changes and upgrades suggested on this forum ?. I double doubt it. I just don't get Minelabs marketing approach. On FIND's they have a separate forum for each of their models and this is the go to place to get info on minelab products. I look at all of them on a regular basis and I have yet to read a post from any Minelab Company Rep or engineer, explaining anything. . Lets see - this is the world wide web isn't it. You would think that they would be trying to solve user problems and concerns world wide by having a company rep communicating on all detector websites. There must be a Minelab ivory tower hidden somewhere in the land of OZ where they remain above it all. I was pleasantly surprised on a recent visit to the White's Forum. Checking out the new Vision don't you know. Not only was a Whites engineer giving out info but so was a company Exec. Say what you will about Whites' their customer service at the dealer level and the company level is top notch.
Did you hear that Minelab.

hi guys.
just came across this detector and i never new it was out till now. is it an upgrade on the sovereign range machine?.anyone out there got one & what year it was made.
heres a link to the machine.

http://www.akmining.com/mine/eureka.htm

The basic detecting theory is all the same folks.......... Take the GT along with the new E-trac and the new white's Vision...... to any hunting ground and all 3 hunt the same..... null = iron..... low tone is foil/ small jewelry........ Mid-tone is Jewelry/pull tab's ...........Hi tone is Silver..........once they make a detector that can tell the deference between a pull tab and gold ....now were talking

sovereign-fan said:
hi guys.
just came across this detector and i never new it was out till now. is it an upgrade on the sovereign range machine?.anyone out there got one & what year it was made.
heres a link to the machine.

http://www.akmining.com/mine/eureka.htm

that's a gold nugget machine for the gold country

My Christmas list for a Sovereign. Change the color basic black,A large trigger pinpoint switch on the handle,a new Sunray type 180 meter,nine inch D coil to cut weight,an alkaline pack that will hold 10 AA batteries,a lighter control box and a return to the V clip.a longer rod asm for better balance.a low battery gauge get rid of the death squaw.

Are you an electronics engineer? Marketing expert? Whites' their customer service at the dealer level and the company level is top notch. Did you hear that Minelab. Are you kidding me? mmmmm.....

well guess what i always hunt in pinpoint ......always

even when hunting for gold in mineralised soil my gt is in pinpoint ......yes i can hear hot rocks .....heaps of them but any gold or metal should still be louder than the ground noise ...just turn the sensitivity down and if its too noisy then i go all metal mode which brings the ground balance into action on my gt .but i like to hear the ground im hunting on its like i can feel the ground im going over

try it ..you will get more depth in pinpoint mode .....yes it can be noisier but noisier also means more sensitivity and that is adjustable with thresh hold .
to me ground balance is like having a shower with a rain coat on

but minelab keeps telling everyone to use ground balancing ..i guess they just use it as a sales thing
seriously try it on your local beach or wherever and see how you go