Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

minelab explorer accelerator coil

bigeye

Hello,
I recently started using a Minelab Explorer 2. I mostly hunt on the beach and have found coins (clad)
I was wondering if a different search coil would help find other things like jewelery and gold. I am trying to maximize my time spent and don't want to dig in the sand too deeply. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The manual tells you how to knock out what you do not want to find. So no need for a new coil just program your explorer for rings and such.

What you need to do is dig everything. So what if you find a 100 pulltabs, you will be glad that you dug all of them when a nice gold piece of jewelery comes out of the sand. You really don't need a different coil, the stock will go plenty deep for you so just dig all targets and you may just find some really nice Jewelery and who knows what else. Good Luck and HH.

Thanks for the reply. I do seem to be digging everything and I seem to be getting better at identifying things, but the biggest problem I have is pinpointing when an object is over 6" deep. My whites detector is easier at pinpoining. I have found some rings with my whites, but so far only clad and a metal toy car with my explorer. I am going hunting this afternoon after work. Sometimes I dig 12 inches into the sand and come up with 1/2 of a coke or budwiser can. I get frustrated thinking. "this is going to besomething good"

Just keep retrieving everything that sounds good and eventually you will find a nice coin or jewelery. For pinpointing with the Explorer, use the pinpoint button and swing it back and forth until you get over it and then just back the coil up and when it stops making sound just move it back forward and then mentally remember where the target is located. I dig directly below if not a bit back from the decal on the coil and if you do this also you will have an easier time finding the targets. The Sunray X-1 Probe is a must and if you do not have one yet, I stress that you get some money saved up and purchase one. I wouldn't detect without one and you will be glad you bought one as well. Good Luck and HH.