Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Excalibur 1000 and straight shaft

Farmercal

Which straight shaft do you guys and gals prefer. There are numerous one's out there. Just want to get a sampling of what folks like or dislike.

Just a few comments - I am soon to be 51 years old, female (not as strong as in the upper body as men!) and I have gone out and used my detector with the FSS up to 9 hours stopping only for a break.

I also rinse it very well and take it apart every time because of the salt water. Then I silicone the buttons and shaft where it slides in.
That's important because it will lock up and I have heard people hack-sawing their shafts just to get them apart.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!!!! Good luck!

I am female and 5'2" and have a straight shaft that was built for me by "normdiver" on this forum. He made mine a little shorter than normal and it works great, he did an excellent job. I will never go back to the stock shaft. I have heard of complaints that with the longer shaft and the pod up in back of your arm, that it will hit you in the back with every swing. Yes, mine does touch my back, but it is not bothersome. The longer shaft and with the pod in back of your arm balances the weight of the large coil, especially in the water.

Has the best straight shaft that I have seen. It is quite pricey but it would be hard to find the source for a couple of the parts needed.