Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab E-Trac came today

kevinslack

took it to the back yard just to go threw the screen and look at it. threw a dime on the ground just to listen to it. got some snow over night but im still going to go to the park in the morning. heres what i would like to know before i get started with it. i will use the factory coin set up but in the long run of using the E-TRAC i will be using the tones to dig or not to dig. is the factory set up for the tones where i want it or should i set the tones to something else to start learning them.

Good luck Kevin!

Me and my friend Goose took it to the beach this morning and got a coin first run. Its an excellent bit of kit and as much fun as you can have with your duds on :detecting:

Im actually sorry I didnt get into this earlier because I am finding it a lot more enjoyable than chasing gold, even though that is also very enjoyable... its a lot tougher... this is almost relaxing it if it wasnt so exciting.

Congrats on the E-Trac. My advice...Set the variability to 30, and by all means hunt in Conductive with the "Threshold Pitch" at 19.
Good Luck.
HH,
MT

ok i will go threw my settings and look for Conductive and variability setting so i can put it at 30 the Threshold Pitch" i have seen it so i know i can change that. its going to take some time to get the hang of the settings. im used to the DFX but i know in the long run this machine is going to do what i want. thanks.

ok, i set it up that way and shut it off and turned it back on and the settings stayed where i put them. so i will hunt with it that way tomorrow and see how it goes. once i get my book from andy i will learn more about it. thanks for your time

all i can say is get as much time under your belt as possible.
find a few solid targets and mark them don't dig them - then tweak your settings and listen to the targets again...
you will eventually find the settings that YOU enjoy using.
ultimately, you will use minimal disc and dig all solid repeatable signals.

went out for acouple of hours and got 9 pennys and one dime, they were all close to the top of ground. just getting used to the high sounds for coins. all the coins were from 39 to 45 on the scale so before i left i truned he amp gain up to 3+ and it was stable and got a reading of 45 about 10 inches dug but it was a old peice of barbwire. i was using my bullseye from whites and really did not like it trying to fined the targets with it. so i think i will buy the sun ray for it. all in all i think i will like this E-TRAC the sounds are clear on targets. i need to built a garden with coins in it so i know what deep silver will sound like.