Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mine needs burped too

C

calabash digger

What is going on???? Just have had to get one replaced...now the external speaker isn't working right...muffled sounding..

Ugggh not good hope its not a common problem!
Mark

Been reading more post about equinox problems and Minelabs poor customer service .Thought they had stepped they’re public service game up,but seems just as lousy as it always was known for..Seems the equinox users are having lots of issues from speakers,armcups breaking,water damage and so on..As much praise as I see everyone giving the equinox I think it’s a big black eye compared to the fbs machines that put Minelab on the map for metal detecting. And the customer service is like being shot and then hung,,Definatly insult after injury...Good luck to you guys on getting your rigs up and going again,,calabash I’ll bet that at pro on your wall still works just fine.

Their customer service is great - you get a brand-new replacement very quickly - and another, and another.

lytle78 said:
Their customer service is great - you get a brand-new replacement very quickly - and another, and another.

You must be pretty fortunate Cause I've read alot of threads in the last month from others who aren't fortunate enough to even get a response back from minelab, let alone a new machine.
Nothing personal against any make or model cause they all have flaws.But when it comes to customer service minelab has never been good,and I'm a longtime minelab user.

Bigtom123 said:
Been reading more post about equinox problems and Minelabs poor customer service .Thought they had stepped they’re public service game up,but seems just as lousy as it always was known for..Seems the equinox users are having lots of issues from speakers,armcups breaking,water damage and so on..As much praise as I see everyone giving the equinox I think it’s a big black eye compared to the fbs machines that put Minelab on the map for metal detecting. And the customer service is like being shot and then hung,,Definatly insult after injury...Good luck to you guys on getting your rigs up and going again,,calabash I’ll bet that at pro on your wall still works just fine.
I had great luck with their CS new detector in 6 days!

Yes but what happens when the warranty runs out or that six days is when you are on a detecting vacation.
They should fix the problem and replace all units.

BT123.

I read the forums A LOT and i haven’t seen anything like you describe about Equinox service. There was one post by Dew about 15 months ago telling about a guy who damaged his and need a non-warranty replacement not getting a prompt response.

Give ML their due - their Chicago office responds pretty quickly - issues an RMA and the broken unit gets sent to PA. It is then replaced promptly (like 6 day turn around).

If you have seen lots of reports otherwise, perhaps you should share more details.

Bigtom123 said:
lytle78 said:

You must be pretty fortunate Cause I've read alot of threads in the last month from others who aren't fortunate enough to even get a response back from minelab, let alone a new machine.
Nothing personal against any make or model cause they all have flaws.But when it comes to customer service minelab has never been good,and I'm a longtime minelab user.

Don't know what your talking about?
Minelab Customer Service has been spot on for me.

I think that would be the right thing to do.

lytle78 said:
BT123.

I read the forums A LOT and i haven’t seen anything like you describe about Equinox service. There was one post by Dew about 15 months ago telling about a guy who damaged his and need a non-warranty replacement not getting a prompt response.

Give ML their due - their Chicago office responds pretty quickly - issues an RMA and the broken unit gets sent to PA. It is then replaced promptly (like 6 day turn around).

If you have seen lots of reports otherwise, perhaps you should share more details.

Maybe your right Rick,I could be wrong..Maybe Minelab is just having a hard time keeping up with all the broken armcups,coil ears,wobbly shafts,speaker issues and waterlogged equinox machines to get to everyone in a day or 2..lol..But to be honest I wasn’t talking so much about the here and now as I was about how they’re customer service has always been pretty broken when compared to other brands.I guess I’m just spoiled by Garrett in that area.

Want to talk AT Pro or the carrot? I’ve been real impressed with MLs CS. It’s improved immensely. Keith gets a thumbs up at the repair center too.

Customer service was and is great but still stinks to have to send in your machine.