Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mike's Home Place

Royal

I was doing a search for my Corvette picture, which I have not found yet and ran across some pictures I took in BC on one of my trips to visit Mike and Alice. I am not sure if I have ever posted any of them but it looked like I had taken them with a panorama in mind.
This was taken before all the improvements they have made the last few years, hot tub etc.

I thought I would stitch them together to make a 360 degree panorama. After I did I found that the dang picture that resulted was far too big to post so I cut it in half and that is what I am posting, two pictures that were once 16 pictures and then stitched and the result cut in two pictures. I hope that makes sense :D

I then went to Google Earth and got a satilite picture of the home place and put a red dot roughly where I was standing when I took the pictures.

Just goofing around on a cold morning before heading to the Gym.

Just gotta find that Vette Picture now :(

[attachment 115803 MAP-of-mikes-home-place.jpg]

[attachment 115804 Mikes-Home-Place-1.jpg]

[attachment 115805 Mikes-Home-Place-2.jpg]

Great pictures.Looks like it would make a nice Summer place.
I will pass on winter time though.

Nice photos. Bumped up to full screen they are still sharp!

I like to see gardens and trees. Fine setting for a quiet life and pleasant memories.

Regards,

Cupajo

the stitching in places. I took them hand held and just turned around when I shot the pictures. I am gonna try to make it smaller and see if I can get it to post as one.

Those panaroma shots are great... Real nice place... I'm always amazed to see nice flat land. Not like that where I am. Althought it looks like its rock free today. Major snow last night here on top of what we got yesterday. It looks somewhat flat. Looks like another afternoon on the tractor plowing.... As much as I love it back here off the road, winter can loose its attraction really fast if you plowing all the time....

Hey, I enjoyed the convoy of deer that came in last night on your cam.....I see some of them don't like to share......

Geo-CT

[attachment 115806 panorama-mikes-home-place-s.jpg]

that comes up on the deck is looking a little puny. I put a half a can of corn up there last night after everyone was gone and it looks like he came back, I hope it was him and ate it up. I have seen him and his little buddy up there when the others are gone many times.

This winter is tough on the deer. Lots of snow and very cold. The DNR in all their wisdom has outlawed feeding the deer and at the same time the rotten SOB's have allowed huge tracts of state land to be cut, leaving nothing but a few dead trees. This is all state land, OUR land, not private land!This has taken out hundred of thousands of oak trees, both small and large. Thus no acorns for them to feed on. They used to allow hunters to drive the back roads in the winter, long after season is closed, to scatter alfalfa for the guys to get them through the winter but not that is outlawed too.

The DNR has stopped putting out barrels at the canoe launch areas because of budgetary cuts but will not allow us to put out our own barrels for the canoers. Volunteers wanted to do this and keep the launch areas clean but the DNR will not allow it. The rotten Bastuds would prefer the area be a hog pen. Well we clean it anyway.

As you can see, They piss me off.

n/t

DEP or Department of Enviormental Protection. A lot of people in the state here leave the old farms to the state to remain as parks or hunting parcels...Always seems, somehow someway they find a way to make it off limits to the ones it was intended for. It seems more like that just want you to drvie by it and admire it but don't think your going to use it. Can't swim in a lot of the lakes or use a gas power motor. We had a program here, that the horse people got involved in. All the old train rails from way back had long since been abandoned. The horse groups all got together and cut back the brush etc and you could go from one end of the state to the other. Mt bikers used them also as well as walker. Next thing, the DEP desides to get in on. made it all this fine grey stone, put in some new wooden bridges, then made it off limits to the horses becasue the walkers didn't like the horse droppings. The Mt bikers thought that was great, UNTIL, they said, well the mountain bikers ride to fast, sneak up on you and you can't hear them, leave tracks in the spring time, so they banned them....No quads, no dirt bikes, just walkers now....except for the more remote ones up this way where these so called walkers go. Most are lucky to walk a quarter of a mile before turning back...So many of the horse peole get on them off the farms a mile or so in ride them to mile from the end and go back on the farms...So far thats working.. Also, they said 2 years ago, they were short of money, so they no longer keep the open groudns cut, so it looks like hell, took away the barrels because it was to much work to keep them empty. YAET, it looks to most of us like the same number of park people are there, but sitting on their butts doing nothing... Some even tried t0 stop the geocaching and letter box hiding on state land.... Enough people got up in arms on that thaty they backed off on it.. Hey its OUR land, why can't we use it.....GPS huntign does no harm to it.... A nice littel pond down the road from me with about 400 acres of old grouth christmas trees was left to the state 2 years ago....It is now off limits to fish or much of anything. Great pond to fish with huge sun fish in it....some up to 3/4 of a pound. Fun on flyrod and a popper.......

Geo

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t