Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mike, I have a question.................

WillyP

I recently bought a Minelab 8" coil at a very good price, brand new.
As it turns out, I asked for a Tornado coil but was told it was a BBS coil and took it anyway. Do you know if it is as good a coil as the new Tornado coil. I've been told it isn't but I know you've used most of these coils. I still have my coinsearch but just curious. Thanks buddy.

Given a choice, I prefer the coinsearch coil. I have the toranado on the excal, and while it works on the one excal, I have the other fitted with the seasearch. That is a much better coil.

Sorry 'bout that. Maybe someone here can help. Or go to the minelab forum.

Take care bud

Fair winds

M

MB.C., I'm interested in Excaliburs and others mention the older units with seasearch coils are better machines. You say you like the seasearch coil vs 800 BBS too. Can you tell me why?

Thanks, CC.

One is the older model with the seasearch coil and the other is the new one with the tornado. The seasearch is the horseshoe shaped coil and it is 8 inches. The tornado coil is a 10 inch coil. I am going to retrofit the new model excal with a spare seasearch coil I have. I have had the spare for quite some time and right now it is sitting in a drawer waiting until I get around to using it. :)

The seasearch coils are just plain more sensitive, to my mind. I have tried both [a lot over the years]. I have done a side by side comparison. Pretty much every test that could be done I have done it and I find that I get better depth and signal separation with the seasearch. If you are able to find one, do not hesitate to get it. However, finding a seasearch will be very difficult. Those of us who have them are VERY reluctant to give them up, for any reason. I have a buddy [Willy} who short of murder [and maybe even that :lol:] would love to get his hands on mine.

Good luck

Fair winds

M

M, thanks for your help. I am going to have my Excal 800 BBS coil replaced with a Sun Ray S8 Intruder coil and an S12 on my 1000. Minelab will hardwire them for me. I hope the S8 will be more similar to the original Seasearch. Sovereign users have told me it is. I guess I'll find out as I have the Sun Ray coils on order.

I once had a WOT hardwired to Excalibur and found it too difficult to swing underwater. I now regret selling it. I did not give it enough time. The WOT was very sensitive to small items and I did find some gold with it. But at the time I did not know what I was doing (still don't) :sadwalk: I swung it too fast! The S12 might be a good compromise for sandy areas.

Thanks again, CC.