Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meteorite Program Question

sport.pilot

Hello everyone,

I decided to air test my detector using the meteorite program since I enjoy hunting for them. When I pass a meteorite in front of the coil, the detector nulls out and I get no audio out of the speaker or headphones. I have not adjusted the threshold or target volume in this program. The detector is on factory settings. When I select this program and go to the hunt screen, I hear a low tone and that is all. An icon of a meteorite flashes up on the screen and I get a VDI number in the low minus range. Also, when I push pinpoint, no sound. First do I get audio out and can I use VCO to help me pinpoint the meteorites? Or is there something wrong here? Thanks.

Darryl

Well I found why I had no audio in the standard V3 meteorite program. The meteorite program discriminates out VDI numbers from -95 down to -70. The meteorites from the areas I hunt are in the -93 to -95 range. By accepting thosde VDI numbers, I got audio.

I have a whites xlt and in a Book called spectrum xlt by Daryl j.r. Townley page 46 he states Meteorites indicate vid numbers from -84 to -95 this is for the xlt but most of whites machine vids are kind of close on other machine mxt xlt .Don't know the v3 machine so don't know if this information will help.Hope you find a nice size one from a far away planet.

Since your meteorites are VDIing so low, there are a couple things you might want to do - the first thing is disable auto track (select lock track). With the meteorites reading so low, the detector will track them out fairly easily.

Pinpointing is likely going to be a problem if they are hitting that low. Check out the phase of your meteorites: scroll over to the tracking live control and press zoom. Press Menu/Tab button to select the zero button. With the loop in the air (or at least non moving if you have it on the ground), press enter to zero out the system/loop offsets. Then put the meteorite over the loop. What do the phases read for each frequency? (and what do the signal strengths read for each frequency?) Depending on what these readings are, depends on what might be better for you to run.

Thanks for the additional VDI information. I think I will accept those VDI numbers in the meteorite program, That way I will be sure to pick up any that are passing under my coil. We are going to try some additional areas this year, and I would not want to miss them because the program was automatically rejecting them.
Darryl