Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meteorite Hunting

Buddy555

Greetings Fellow Searchers:

My name is Bill and I have been occasionally coin shooting since the early '70's. I have used Whites and Fishers. Now that I am older and hopefully wiser, I'd like to become a Meteor Man. Who has any knowledge or experience with the subject and can suggest the best device for the money to locate them?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,

I was taught by a neighbor that taking a magnet and running it along your eve's troughs on a house is a very easy way to pick up micro-meteorites, I've seen some that he picked up about the size of a nickel. (This may not be the size you have in mind but it's a very easy way to pick something interesting up without spending anything other than time). I think that most detectors in general when in all metal mode, would help locate any meteorite that has a metal composition. The Spectra V3 does have a program that is setup for Meteorites, but I'll let others comment on how effective it is since I've never looked for Meteorites using my detector.

I have never hunted them personally but there are some videos on utube. When you hunt them your mainly looking for Iron and Nickle signitures and they could be at extreme depths due to impact. Searching splay fields seems to be the best option for a high concentration of possible finds. Good Luck