Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

metal detecting

plywood04

I am a beginner with the machine, but am a pro at finding interesting treasures. I grew up collecting arrowheads and bottles. When I was a kid it seemed I always came across the strangest things.
I hope the same happens with this chapter of treasure hunting. And there is a forum here about this hobbie. AWESOME!!!

Do some research. You may find that most of the public places you hunt will have been hard hit. Don't get discouraged by a lack finds. Look around and think a little out of the box, are there brushy area around the old park? Old grass strips between streets? Things like that. When you open your eyes and think that way you might find some great virgin ground.
I live on a street that looks out over the city. Every year on July 4th this street is packed with people that sit on a 5 ft wide strip of dirt and weeds 3/4s of a mile long to watch the fireworks. Some places are wide enough to park several cars. This has been happening for 60 years or more. I will bet no one has ever MD'd this before. These are places I am always looking for.
You are going to have a great time with this hobby, some frustrations also, but when you pop out that walking liberty, indian or any number of coins and wonder about who and when it was lost you will be hooked!
Best of luck and HH.

You are starting off with the right mindset, plywood! If you believe you got the skills for finding treasures, these machines will confirm it! A positive attitude and knowing your equipment will keep you out swinging longer and finding more stuff. Like Bill said, this is more of a thinking game than anything! Good Luck, and hang out here for all the advice you need!:clapping:
Mud

Your treasure spotting skills will serve you well - one of the great things about our hobby is that it gets us out looking around. I usually make a couple of nice eyeball finds during my hunts, and digging targets often leads to bottle & marble digs. Hope you'll post your treasures!