Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting Scout of a Historic Home Site

treasurebone

Scout of an Old Home Site

This old site had several, at least 6 foundation sites and one of these sites has a cellar with what appears to be some very old stone wall, the same foundation has concrete walls too, so it may be a mixture of old and new.

I found the old bottle dump area as well. On the surface was a bunch of modern stuff appearing to be from the 60's and 70's...hopefully under neath that we will find some older bottles and the like.

I will be revisiting this site as soon as the ground thaws, hopefully I will pull some very nice old coins and relics out of here.

That's the way it's done, t-bone, as you know.

I have never been skunked at places like that. Almost a guarantee that you will find old coins and relics there. Homework pays off.
How thick is the frost there now?

Steve O said:
That's the way it's done, t-bone, as you know.

I have never been skunked at places like that. Almost a guarantee that you will find old coins and relics there. Homework pays off.
How thick is the frost there now?

Not 100% sure...Some areas that were well insulated with leaves are not frozen. I was able to hunt and more importantly dig with, no problem at all. This area thoug was frozen, I could feel it as I walked...HARD

n/t