Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal detecting Lake Nixon......

Lil Brother

....So now that my brother has went out and got himself another detector, I am once again sho-nuff fired up about my hobby again. Arkie and I have detected lots of local beaches with some success, but both of us have racked our brain for new places to go.

Lake Nixon has been around since Arkie was a kid and probably longer than that,(if you can imagine that!), but it seems as if it got lost in the shuffle somewhere along the line as we both grew up and got real lives. I was thinking for some new and exciting place to go, when late one night,(around 10:00 pm), I thought of Lake Nixon and decided to see if they had a website. To my complete amazement, they did, so I spent a few minutes looking at it before turning in for the night.

As it was, the Second Baptist Church in Little Rock had owned the lake since the early 70s. Since I am in Little Rock two to three times a week, I decided to stop by the church the next week to ask permission to hunt it.I pulled up in the parking lot and saw a man that had just walked out of the church that just happened to be the interim pastor. He directed me to a lady named Kathy that was in charge of the lake.

I introduced myself and didn't really know how to approach her so I just ask. Without stopping to let Kathy say anything, I told her that it was my mission to give back if I found anything of value. I also stated that my brother was a Baptist Preacher and that I was on the Board of Directors of "The Witness Productions" and that I was prepared to offer her free tickets to the play.

To my amazement,(again), Kathy said yes, but that they already had a gut that detected it once a year, but only after the water was let down to work on the docks. I knew that the season was hardly over and that I would be the first one this year to detect it. I then ask Kathy how many people were on the Board at the lake and when she told me 12, I immediately pulled ALL the tickets out of my pocket that I had brought with me. I had brought 12 tickets!

I hunted the two small beaches on the lake last Thursday and I hunted them good. The first thing when I walked up to the beach, I looked down and found a silver earring. Next to it was the other one. I was excited! I hunted both beaches and I hunted both beaches good making grids all over both of them. I stayed a total of 2 1/2 hours in the hot sun, but only found 32 cents. I could not believe it! Yes, you guessed it! I am sure someone had beat me to the punch; however, I will be back VERY SOON. I will not wait for the water to be let down. It is only waist deep in the little kids swimming area and it is a huge area. Oh yeah, I got my new beach sand scoop in yesterday...so it looks like I'll be doing a little wading. I'll keep you all posted!

God Bless,

Lil Brother:)

It gets more difficult each year to find those untouched, new areas. However, if you get to diving, that does open a whole new aspect of detecting. Royal knows....he has been at it for a while. When I dive, I find that I can get to those betters areas.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

John-boy and I are kicking around a few ideas for use in the not so far away future. If everything works out, we'll be in business soon. I'm presently thinking of a way to convince Carol to let me buy an underwater detector.......hmmmmmm.....

Lil Brother:)

it certainly was not owned by a church then. I won the "Itsy Bitsy Bikini" contest one Saturday evening when I was not supposed to be there. Needless to say, I did not take my ribbon home to mother and daddy!:)

Does Carol know you got a new sand toy????

n/t

That was only a "Test Run" and it served it's purpose. To top it off, did you notice how Mike and I came out smelling like roses? We were in total control of the situation...knew exactly what we were doing. It was sorta like the old horse soldiers sending some scouts ahead to scope out the area...just one step of the over all picture.

Sunny, you must remember that men are fair minded...for example, if we buy a fishing boat, we will buy the women something too, like a washer and driver or a new ice box. If we go on a fishing trip, we will allow the women to come too! We fish while they clean camp and cook the meals...a win win situation for every one. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

You noticed how Alice did not call you a dumba$$, she just went along with you. If you get up there and she puts a cinnamon bun in front of you........well.........let me just say you guys do not ALWAYS know what we do to your food, that is, if you are lucky enough to have something "cooked" just for you. Remember, Cowboy, paybacks are hell and us women NEVER FORGET, we choose to wait for the opportunity to get you back! Think about it,....:punch:

And you know what you can do with your new washer! :confused: I'll explain it better sometime!

Besides, what can you do to us? Wayne and Mike are in Canada, Royal in Michigan, I am in Texas...only one near you is butch, and he has out smarted you many times! We are too far away for you to do anything to any of us...out of your reach! The only way for you to be near us is if we allowed you to go with us on a fishing trip, and let you clean the camp area, clean the fish, and cook the meals. You would be so grateful that we allowed you to tag along, that you would forget about doing bodily harm to any of us...remember that one track mind thing that I mentioned? Please have a great day over there in Arkansas, many miles from any of us! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

Bite me, Cowboy! One phone call to Debbie would definetly get the wind out of your sails, for sure! :)