Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting in the Woods No Silver But I Did Find History

treasurebone

metal detecting in Wisconsin

I am still amazed how my shovel slices through the ground like it were May soil and not the normally frozen February tundra. Usually the ground is impenetrable to trowel, shovel and pick axe until at least April. There would be no silver for me but I did discover history.

I found a General Motors Key Chain tag given out on May 16th 1956 for the dedication of the General Motors Technical Center, which at the time was the most futuristic and modern facility of its kind. Which means it's dated as hell now.

All in all it was another great couple of hours spent tromping around in the woods listening to the echo of the geese honking across the river. It was an absolutely, wonderfully, beautiful February day in Wisconsin. I'd like another just like it tomorrow, but maybe with the added jingle of silver in my pouch.

You really put me there with you. it is nice to enjoy the peace of the woods and i try to think of the old home site i try to figure what it was like were they build there home. Here in south mississippi it never getsto cold that it snows dont get me wrong it gets cold. i did enjoy your message