Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Crisco coupon

CliffHanger

This small metal Crisco coupon is approximately 1 7/8" X 1 1/4". I would like to know when this coupon was first issued and how long they were in use. It is in the shape of a flattened Crisco can. I contacted Procter & Gamble but they have no record of it. I also contacted Smuckers, the now owners of Crisco and they have no info either.
I found the coupon near and air force base in the foothills. Perhaps it was issued by the commissary during WWII.
The wording on one side is -

GOOD FOR 15c ON THE PURCHASE OF A CAN CRISCO
On the other side are the words -
TO DEALERS
THIS COUPON CHECK, WHEN TERMS OF THE ARRANGEMENT HAVE BEEN COMPLIED WITH WILL BE REDEEMED AT 15c

[attachment 35244 Crisco01.JPG][attachment 35245 Crisco02.JPG]
PROCTER & GAMBLE
144-T
Also on this side is the number 5 inside a circle.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

CliffHanger

THE CORPORATE giant, Procter & Gamble, maker of Ivory, Camay, Lava and Oxydol soaps among other soap products, issued a number of metallic tokens in the 1920s and 1930s to entice consumers to use its products. The tokens represent another area of exonumia that collectors may consider to pursue.
I found this info doing a google search...and the words "crisco token 15 cents" .....http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp
hope this helps.
Good luck and HH
Nice find

n/t

That is nice, I would love to find something like that and put in collection (where's the antique road shop) and it looks in good shape too,,, nice find!!!! :thumbup: