Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Merry Christmas to some really good folks!

Ol' Frank

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Like many of you good folks, I've seen quite a few Christmases in my relatively long and healthy life, thanks mainly to good genes and fantastic luck: almost nobody in our long recorded family history has died of either cancer or complications from diabetes, etc., but instead seem to eventually expire from general orneriness at the age of 90 or older! I was surprised to survive into the 21st Century, thinking I'd probably get crunched in a motorcycle wreck or else fly into a cloud full of rocks, but nonetheless, here I am, skinny and wrinkled but still active! There are many things I still wish to do in my remaining time, such as fly around the entire perimeter of the United States in the lil' Challenger at a mind-bending 65 miles-per-hour, while grinning from ear-to-ear and waving at kids walking to school below, etc. -- heck, I've got nothing but time on my bony old hands, eh?

Also, I'd love to see the Great barrier Reef of Australia, and dig for dinosaur fossils in Montana. On my "dark side" there are some places in the National Forest that I'd like to explore with my metal detector, even on a moonlit night if necessary! As I recall, Big Brother frowns upon such enterprises, but he himself is usually a stodgy clown with no imagination and few prospects for a happy, fulfilling life.

History fascinates me -- my respected step-grandfather, an intelligent mining engineer, always told us kids that "only stupid people ever become bored!" which is largely true, because there's more to see and do today than ever before. This is a great and beautiful world, and we now finally have the means to travel and explore the endless possibilities. Do you want to see Spain? Do it now, rather than accumulate money for a doubtful future. My wife is now having trouble with her hips, due to osteoporosis which limits her mobility. Nonetheless, we still try to either walk a few miles each day or use the treadmill in wintry weather like this. Yes, I wish we'd done more travelling when younger, because piling up cash is of no real use when nursing homes can deplete even huge savings accounts within a very few years.

Go out and own thing, regardless of what it may be! We can't take it with us (unless we swallow some jewels!) so plan your life carefully to allow for the things you'd like to see and do, O.K.?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ALL from Ol' Frank & Gloria Millis in Wheat Ridge, Colorado.

n/t

You have a great attitude about life and how to enjoy it. I've tried to do the same here. Already did the Spain trip 3 times with my wife.Your picture you posted reflects how you think, looking ahead. At age 66, I'm as active as my body will allow and hope when the grim reaper catches up to me, its doing something I enjoy.

Thank for great post.

George-CT

The "not accumulating money" part. :rofl: That's a wise post by a wise man.......hope you both have a beautiful Christmas Frank. All the best !:)

Thank You and Happy Holidays to you both , I hope I have the chance to follow a few of my dreams also someday ..
Bill G.

and you're absolutely right! Use it or lose it! My wife and I have decided that we have reached the age where if we want to do something, we're gonna do it!

Hope you and your's have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous Excitement filled New Year!

Dave

I have always admired you Frank!! Especially your attitude.

Have a great Christmas