Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meet Alien.

George-CT

Here is a shot of one of my favorite cats we have had. I found him one morning in a tree outside here. He was just a kitten at
the time. Later I found out that another kid was asked to get rid of a bunch of small cats and he and my daughter thought it would be a great idea to put one here as Daddy had a soft spot for cats. Good thinking on their part and the cats.

My son named him as he went out with the flashlight that night to check on him, still in the tree and the green eyes reminded him of an Alien, so the name stuck with him. This Tiger cat grew very large, would attack anything, great mouser, chipmunk eliminator, even snakes, but his specialty was grey squirrels. He lived in trees just about and would chase squirrels all over the tree's trying to catch them. Most of the time they got away in the tree's. Not the case on the ground at all, but he had no fear of trying to get them in the tree's except they were more agile. I was always finding squirrels on the steps for a gift from Alien. He was here for about 5 years and got attached to me and few others. He would ride with me on the quad, lay on and engine while I was working on it or join me in about any venture outdoors in the woods.

Sadly, while doing the very thing he loved to do, chase squirrels, he fell and broke his jaw in a real bad way. As she had fixed Alien many times with broken legs from falling out of tree's or leaping without looking and she really had a hard time keeping cast on him, she felt that he would not do well at all with what was needed, so she put him down. Actually she and my wife did. Alien is buried here on the farm in our pet cemetery on the sunny side of hill. I miss that cat, but have many great memories of him and his antics.

Pets are great and we have lots of them but it sure hurts when you loose them.

Here is a picture of Alien.

George-CT

they are our rat control squad, not many tree rats for them here.
Here is a pic of some of the gang and me sharing the easy chair as usual, two cats missing. this pic was taken a few years back thats why i look so thin?;)

And every time i pass that place, it still aches a little.

But, anything that can tackle grey squirrels is okay in my book.. :):

thanks for the memories.

Fair winds

Mikie

and when you lose them it is like losing a member of the family. Thanks for sharing the story about Alien with the forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

it is part of being a pet owner. I always told my kids that if they wanted a pet that outlived them they better get a turtle or a parrot. We have a cat but it is not very loving. Except at 5am. Then it sticks its butthole in my eye for attention :( What a way to wake up :(